How to redirect jsp page without page being loaded?

Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi.

I have a page that redirects to an external website. The external website is not mine and therefore I cannot modify it.

What I do is that I pass username and password details from my login page to the site, and use the external website's database for authentication. If parameters are correct, the external website will display login successful, otherwise, it would display an error. I have already tested the method: 'hhtp://externalsite.com?username=user&password=pass" and it works.

What I would plan to do is: 1. redirect my login page to the site. 2. check if login details are correct via the site's database 3.redirect to my own local page afterwards.

So basically, i would like to use the external website's database so that i do not need to make my own user database. So how can I redirect the page to the site and redirecting it back to my local page? any ideas from the experts? thanks.

Luigi

Last edited: