How To: redirect to current URL with new parameters

Tony Zoccolillo

I have a toolbar aspx page in a frameset. On the toolbar is a dropdownlist.
The frameset is launched from an outside source and comes in with a specific
parameter for the module desires, like...
http://myurl.com/frameset.asp?themod="A"

The dropdownlist contains the current selected module (A) and a list of
other choices (B,C,D, etc.). When a user selected a different module I want
the main URL reloads with a new param, like...
http://myurl.com/frameset.asp?themod="B"

My questions are;

1) Is there an easy way to reference the current URL? Without the original
param? Or do I need to parse it?

2) I have a case select for ach of the possible modules. Would a
response.redirect be the best way to relaunch the frameset? and since it's
occuring from a the top frame page, how would I do a response.redirect to
reload the main frameset from one of the frame pages?

Thanks, (I'm very new to ASP.NET)

Tony Z.

Mark Fitzpatrick

Check the ServerVariables collection. I believe the one you are looking for
is Script_Name. That should refer to the page itself without the
querystring.

You can't do a response redirect to other frames though, it will only
redirect the current page/frame location.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage