How to refresh image?

Rainer Sinsch

Hello everyone,

does anyone know, how I can refresh a webform image by pressing an
asp.net-button?

I have a statistics-jpg which gets updated every 5 minutes and want to
provide a manual refresh button. My initial try was to simply do a post-back
when pressing the button and adding

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" content="no-cache">

to the page. However this does not suffice: if the button is pressed a
chached image appears. If I press F5 I get the updated picture.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance
Rainer Sinsch

Eliyahu Goldin

Rainer,

You can trick browser by adding a random query parameter to the image url.

Eliyahu

Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
How can I do random Query parameter?

Hi,

I'm stuck with the same issue.
I'm kind of newbie with asp so I don't know how to do things so simple like this.

Can anyone please help me with this?
Thanks,

Nir.