How To? Reload webapps main page.

Deasun O'Donnachadha

Good morning all,

I have a page that has a frameset with three frames. It
is called Default.aspx. This is the main way into my app.
On a page in the main frame, thats the right frame, of
the frameset I want to reload the whole app on a btn
click event.

How would I do this in code behind from that page?
Using vb I am.

So
Apps Page = Default.aspx
Frame pages =
Left = Menubar.aspx
Right = Main.apsx
Bottom = Status.aspx
The btn-click code is on Main.aspx

thanks
Deasun

S. Justin Gengo

Deasun,

You'll have to reload the frame using client side code.

You can still trigger this client side code from the code behind page
though. I would suggest turning the body tag into a server control and then
adding the javascript to change the frame to the onload event of the body
tag.

I have some sample code for using the body tag as a server side control on
my website, www.aboutfortunate.com. The entry you need is titled: Use the
"body" tag as a server control and just happens to be the second entry in
the datagrid so it will be easy to find.

If you need help creating the javascript itself just post back here or feel
free to email me. I'd be glad to help with that also.

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer