how to resolve for permission denied when accessing any object using parent. using javascript?

whidbeywave

Hi Gurus,
I belive this has been asked several times with its own twist. Still
after reading newsgroup and KB articles like 241754,I am clouded, with
options. Please help in giving me direction.

The scenario is of two different web servers. The parent frame (html
page orginates from server 1) has script like
function x1()
alert('parent invoked');

Inside child frame (html orginates from server 2) the html refers to
parent script like
parent.x1();

It throws Microsoft Jscript runtime error: permission denied. I am
using IE based on WinCE 4.2 version platform.
Thanks
Wave...

sharpfang

whidbeywave said:
The scenario is of two different web servers. The parent frame (html
page orginates from server 1) has script like
alert('parent invoked');
Inside child frame (html orginates from server 2) the html refers to
parent script like
parent.x1();

If you somehow manage to get this to work, please report it to browser
developers so they could patch it because it would be a security hole.
Essentially, you're attempting to perform cross-site scripting, basics
of cross-site scripting attack, one of more dangerous ones.

Gérard Talbot

whidbeywave wrote :
Hi Gurus,
I belive this has been asked several times with its own twist. Still
after reading newsgroup and KB articles like 241754,I am clouded, with
options. Please help in giving me direction.

DOM:window.open FAQ:
"I can not access the properties of the new secondary window. I always
get an error in the javascript console saying "Error: uncaught
exception: Permission denied to get property <property_name or
method_name>. Why is that?"
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:window.open#FAQ

Cross-domain script security restriction:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/components/same-origin.html

Gérard