    Thanks in advance,
    John Lynker
    , Apr 9, 2005

  2. Re: How to retreive URLs from XML data island for display in HTMLtable

    wrote:

    > Can href= value be filled in by a datafld variable?
    >
    > After reviewing the link object, data islands and anchors array,
    > there's something missing here. I would like to keep an XML file of
    > URLs and have them display as links in a table on an HTML page.

    I don't think you can bind to attributes.
    Of course what you can do is use XML as the data store for your links
    and use other means than data binding to create a HTML table, for
    instance DOM scripting. That would work in a lot of more browsers that
    XML data islands with data binding work with as that is IE/Win specific.
    Or if you are looking at an IE solution which transforms your XML data
    into properly structured HTML with real links you could use XSLT to
    perform that transformation.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/