How to rig a Checkboxlist Onclick event?

Roy

The title is self-explanatory, but I'll show you all what I've done thus
far.

Here's the aspx side of things(trimmed, of course):
<form name="form1" id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
<asp:CheckBoxList Runat="server" id="CheckBoxList1">
<asp:ListItem Value="a">Checked a</asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Value="b">Checked b</asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Value="c">Checked c</asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Value="d">Checked d</asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Value="e">Checked e</asp:ListItem>
</asp:CheckBoxList>
<textarea id="notes" rows="3" cols="25" runat="server"
NAME="notes"></textarea>

I tried to stick the javascript below into the page_load event, but it's
just not working. :( Any clues? Am I on the right track? Thanks!

CheckBoxList1.Attributes.Add("onclick", "javascript:form1.notes.value =
'this is a test'")

Guest

first off, play with the clientside code, with an all clientside control, and
get that working. After that, THEN, try to add it to the attributes. Its not
really and ASP.Net issue, it's a javascript one I think.

Roy

Thanks for the reply Curt, but I'm actually beginning to suspect that
one *cannot* generate an onclick event for a checkboxlist
whatsoever...Does anyone have any insight on this?

In this scenario, what would you recommend as an alternative plan?

Thanks

Guest

Well, I just did this
myCheckBoxList.Attributes.Add("onclick", "alert('test')")

and it works just fine.