How to rise aspx parent forms event from aspx Child form

Guest

Hi,

I have two aspx form say Frm1 and Frm2 . In Frm1 one dropdown box and one
button is there.After pressing that button it opens Frm2 ,in Frm2 i choose
one data from Frm2's dropdown box when i closed this form Frm2 i want to the
see the selected data in Frm1's dropdown box . For that i want to call the
Parent Form's event. How to..
plz give soln.with some samples if possible...

thanks
assankhan

S. Justin Gengo

Assankhan,

You'll need to use javascript to do this.

I have an example of how to do this on my website at
http://www.aboutfortunate.com?page=codelibrary

Use the textbox on the page to search for: "refresh parent"

The sample code shows how to close a popup window and refresh the parent
window. Using that code you'll be able to get the value in page2's drop down
list and on post back save it to a session variable or database.

Then on page1's refresh you can check if that session variable or database
value exists and set it's drop down accordingly.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer