How to Run ASP File Daily?

vunet.us

I am hosting a website on Windows 2003 server, IS6, MS SQL Server. I
have one ASP file I would like to run daily. How can I do it if I do
not have acces to OS's management (to use, for example, task scheduler)
and I do not want to include this page within other pages of the
website to be run (because that may slow down the page loading for
users)?
Thank you

Andreas Krueger

I am hosting a website on Windows 2003 server, IS6, MS SQL Server. I
have one ASP file I would like to run daily. How can I do it if I do
not have acces to OS's management (to use, for example, task scheduler)
and I do not want to include this page within other pages of the
website to be run (because that may slow down the page loading for
users)?
Thank you

Cron it from home by a browserquerry :)

Persönliche Antworten bitte an (e-mail address removed), die Replyadresse wird nicht gelesen !
Mails bitte als Nur Text Senden !!
Send Private-Messages only to (e-mail address removed), the reply adress will not be read !
Please send only as Plaintext !!

Anthony Jones

I am hosting a website on Windows 2003 server, IS6, MS SQL Server. I
have one ASP file I would like to run daily. How can I do it if I do
not have acces to OS's management (to use, for example, task scheduler)
and I do not want to include this page within other pages of the
website to be run (because that may slow down the page loading for
users)?
Thank you

Set up a scheduled task on a server or workstation you do have access to.
Use XMLHTTP in a script file to visit the page.

denoxis

Here is an alternative in case (1) you desperately need to do that on
server side (2) visitors come to your website pretty often.

In global.asa, session_onStart check the last_run_time (which could be
a field in a table in your MS SQL) if it has been a day execute your
ASP file, and update the field.

I still prefer the way others suggested above though.

Deniz