How to run shell/perl scripts on remote machines from web interface

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by ashutosh.juneja@gmail.com, Jan 12, 2007.

    I am currently making a web interface which will have Click Buttons
    that should invoke a shell script on a remote machine
    (linux/Sun/Hp-ux).

    I have to execute these shell scripts on many such machines and monitor

    them, and it is very time-consuming. So i look forward to make a web
    interface that will control these scripts.

    According to you:

    1. Which is the best language to prepare web interface ?
    2. How to make connectivity and authentication (user/passwd) from web
    interface to remote Unix/linux machine ?
    3. How to start shell/perl script and check if it is completed or not ?

    4. Is it possible to invoke Remote Desktop through VNC service by the
    click of a button?

    I would appreciate if you can provide any answers to these questions.
    Thanks in advance.

    Ashutosh

    , Jan 12, 2007