how to set focus in a text box dynamically

pallavi rajeev via .NET 247

(Type your message here)
hi.
i am encountering problem in asp.net coding
i want to set focus dynamically soon after getting controlout of previous combobox.also i want to check whether the valueentered in that text box exists in the database prior anddisplay the message like "exists" and set the focus back to thesame textbox to reenter value.if after getting out from thattextbox if the value entered is null it should display message"textbox value cannot be null" and set the focus back to thesame textbox to reenter value. i have got the coding part ofmessagebox,otherwise can u please help me out in how to go aboutit