    history buffer.

    Thanks!

    bill

    bill, Feb 26, 2004

  2. bill

    kj Guest

    In <c1l8pc$amd$> bill <no_email@please_post.com> writes:

    >How can I set the number of lines kept in perldb's history buffer?
    >As far as I can tell, my perldb uses Term::ReadLine::perl, but I
    >have not been able to figure out how to change the size of its
    >history buffer.

    I'm sure there are more civilized ways of doing this, but if you
    want to *increase* the buffer size from its default of 100, try
    something like

    $readline::rl_MaxHistorySize = 1000

    at the DB prompt.

    One can decrease the buffer size similarly, but unless the history
    for the session you want to affect is shorter than the new buffer
    size, it can be messy. See Term/ReadLine/readline.pm.

    kj, Feb 26, 2004