how to show 2 separate DIV's in single row/line in html?

hemant.singh

Hello,
I need two separate DIV's(As i update there data separately) one
following another in same line
so I am try'g something like
But this put a \n between when it display, so I modified and tried
following

Now they are on same line, but on extreme left and right, While I want
2nd DIV to be jst followed by first div, so tht output is like
ABCDEF

Any suggestions?

Edwin van der Vaart

Hello,
I need two separate DIV's(As i update there data separately) one
following another in same line
so I am try'g something like
But this put a \n between when it display, so I modified and tried
following

Now they are on same line, but on extreme left and right, While I want
2nd DIV to be jst followed by first div, so tht output is like
ABCDEF
Use for both divs "float: left".
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Persoonlijke website

ironcorona

Edwin said:
Use for both divs "float: left".

Damnit but that's just genius. I never thought of that. The
alternative I was going to mention is use
{display:table-cell;}

The one drawback is that IE doesn't recognise this.

One day IE7 will ship and they'd really want to have full CSS support so
we can put this unpleasantness behind us.

hemant.singh

Edwin,
Thats genius ... I wonder, dam me, I posted question without even try'g
somethings like this...