how to show line number

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]>,
Mon, 27 Jun 2011 04:09:48, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
However, it should be noted that the built-in "Error Console" of Firefox
2.0+ (indeed, the "JavaScript Console" of Mozilla-based browsers even before
Mozilla.org) differs from Opera's in the regard that it can be used as a
direct, yet limited, debugging tool indeed:

It should also be noted that the error messages are not the same in the
two browsers, so in any given case one console may be more
comprehensible than the other.
Besides being able to show errors (which an error console does), it provides
a way to evaluate arbitrary statements and to display the result of the
evaluation. AFAIK, Opera's does not, you would need the Dragonfly developer
tools for that.

A false assumption - evidently you have not followed your own advice
about reading past articles in the newsgroup. Without any add-ons, two
clicks will always get me a JavaScript arbitrary code evaluator (the
first click chooses the browser to use), which will also (in IE)
evaluate VBScript, and also HTML, and pack paragraphs of text, and
indent straightforward JavaScript. Moreover, the font is user's choice,
and will Zoom. So I would not need Dragonfly.