    answers these days :(

    Thanks!
    Dima

    Dmitri Kondratiev, Sep 25, 2006

  2. Dmitri Kondratiev

    Guest

    On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Dmitri Kondratiev wrote:

    > How to create an idependent child procees on Win32 so parent:

    Take a look at Daniel Berger's win32-process library. Find it at:

    http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/

    Kirk Haines

    , Sep 25, 2006

  3. Hi,

    At Tue, 26 Sep 2006 06:09:26 +0900,
    Dmitri Kondratiev wrote in [ruby-talk:216370]:
    > How to create an idependent child procees on Win32 so parent:
    > 1) after spawning child could continue without blocking and not waiting
    > for child to exit
    > 2) could kill new process
    > 3) get notified when child exits
    >
    > What is the best way to do this in Ruby? Should I use 'fork'? How parent
    > can be notified about child exit? Any examples I can look at?

    $ ./ruby -v -e 'p pid = spawn(%[./ruby -e "sleep 3"]), Time.now; p
    Process.wait(pid), Time.now; p $?'
    ruby 1.9.0 (2006-09-19) [i386-mingw32]
    2360
    2006-09-26 15:41:13 +0900