    Thanks Before Hand,
    Adiel

    , Aug 22, 2007

  2. Riki Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I added a user control to a webform in Asp.net 2.0. I am also adding
    > several other user controls to this webform. Now I am trying to find
    > a way to stop the user controls from loading up when I call the
    > webform. I could possibly have 10 user controls in this page and I
    > would not want all of them to load up. I would like to control which
    > user control loads up. I have tried placing each user control in a
    > separate placeholder and then disabling the place holder for the
    > controls I don't need on the page_load of the webform. But, I notice
    > the control still loads because I placed a break point in the
    > page_load of the user control and it is still being hit. I even tried
    > using the following code:
    >
    > Me.Controls.Remove(UserControl1)
    >
    > In the page_load of the main webform but the controls still loads!
    > How can I stop the user control from loading up at all? I hope this
    > is not a limitation of Asp.net 2.0 in that the user control HAS to
    > load once it is added to a webform...

    It's because the controls are already loaded before the execution of
    Page_Load in the page.

    Why exactly do you want to stop them from loading?
    Is making them invisible not enough?

    If you really want to stop them from loading, you should go for the reverse
    approach:
    remove all of the controls from the webform in design, and add them
    programmatically in Page_Load.

    Riki

    Riki, Aug 22, 2007

    Hello Riki:

    > Why exactly do you want to stop them from loading?

    I want to stop them from loading because each user control is doing
    additional loading of data, etc. Even when it is not needed

    > Is making them invisible not enough?

    Making them invisible will still load the control. You can see this
    when you debug, it still loads the control.

    > If you really want to stop them from loading, you should go for the reverse
    > approach:
    > remove all of the controls from the webform in design, and add them
    > programmatically in Page_Load.

    Thank you, I guess if there is no way to "unload" them, I will have to
    use your approach: to load them
    programmatically and remove them from the webform design. I hope they
    will add an "unload" feature
    for vs2008.

    Thanks,
    Adiel