How to stop reading a file?

Richard Heathfield

Lew Pitcher said:
F U N E X ?
s v f x.
F U N E M?
s v f m.
O K. M N X.

Wonderful. I can just imagine (in my mind's ear, so to speak) someone like
John Cleese reading the upper case lines, and Michael Palin the rest.

Chuck F.

Richard said:
Lew Pitcher said:

Wonderful. I can just imagine (in my mind's ear, so to speak)
someone like John Cleese reading the upper case lines, and
Michael Palin the rest.

I haven't the vaguest idea what that is supposed to represent!

V E N I
h u h
V I D I
w h a
V I C I

Mark L Pappin

Richard Heathfield said:
Lew Pitcher said:

Wonderful. I can just imagine (in my mind's ear, so to speak) someone like
John Cleese reading the upper case lines, and Michael Palin the rest.

Think Ronnie Barker & supporting player, and add
o! v f n n e m!
S I L L Y C O W
plus more silliness before.

mlp
(OT? 9)

Richard Heathfield

Chuck F. said:
I haven't the vaguest idea what that is supposed to represent!

You have to read it out loud, letter by letter, in a very British and very
lazy accent. It's a shame to spoil it, but I'll translate the first line
for you.

F U N E X - eff ewe enn ee ex - "'ave you any eggs?"

Chuck F.

Richard said:
Chuck F. said:

You have to read it out loud, letter by letter, in a very
British and very lazy accent. It's a shame to spoil it, but I'll
translate the first line for you. >

F U N E X - eff ewe enn ee ex - "'ave you any eggs?"

Which, to me, leaves M? Maybe last N.

Richard Heathfield

Chuck F. said:
Which, to me, leaves M? Maybe last N.

'Am! (As in "eggs n' 'am".)

(An Englishman trying to sound "posh" (when in fact he's not) might well
pronounce "ham" as "'em".)

Len Philpot

Chuck F. said:

'Am! (As in "eggs n' 'am".)

(An Englishman trying to sound "posh" (when in fact he's not) might well
pronounce "ham" as "'em".)

Obviously he's not watched enough Python. :)

(and I don't mean the programming language...)

Mark McIntyre

Which, to me, leaves M? Maybe last N.

M, part of a pig, commonly prepared by curing, smoking and slicing.

N, preposition commonly found in pub names such as the one referring
to a dog plus a duck.
Mark McIntyre

Richard Heathfield

Len Philpot said:
Obviously he's not watched enough Python. :)

Yes, one cannot help but imagine John Cleese in the starring role here. But
of course John Cleese has a perfectly "posh" voice when he chooses to use
it, which makes me realise that he was often in the position - whilst
Pythoning, I mean - of an articulate man pretending to be a
semi-inarticulate man pretending to be an articulate man.

Now, imagine a Cockney "chirpy sparrer" trying to imitate John Cleese saying
"F U N E X"... and now imagine John Cleese trying to imitate that
Cockney... and now imagSegmentation fault (core dumped)

Charles Richmond

Chuck F. said:
I haven't the vaguest idea what that is supposed to represent!

V E N I
h u h
V I D I
w h a
V I C I
Just like trying to read the OP when he is posting all of his
ur i type drivel...

Peter Shaggy Haywood

Groovy hepcat Richard Heathfield was jivin' on Sat, 31 Dec 2005
05:48:41 +0000 (UTC) in comp.lang.c.
Re: How to stop reading a file?'s a cool scene! Dig it!
Lew Pitcher said:

Wonderful. I can just imagine (in my mind's ear, so to speak) someone like
John Cleese reading the upper case lines, and Michael Palin the rest.

I believe it was The Two Ronnies, if memory serves.

http://alphalink.com.au/~phaywood/

Richard Heathfield

Peter Shaggy Haywood said:
I believe it was The Two Ronnies, if memory serves.

You're too late. I now have the whole thing firmly rooted into my fake audio
memory - half in a John Cleese accent and the other half mumbled into a
handkerchief by J Random OtherPythoner.