    browser.

    How can I accomplish this?

    Thanks.
    mavrick_101, Feb 4, 2005

  2. mavrick_101

    Guest

    mavrick_101 wrote:
    > The result of my asp page will not change for a week. So instead of

    querying
    > the database every time a user visits this page, an HTML page is sent

    to the
    > browser.
    >
    > How can I accomplish this?

    Do a SAVE AS in your browser of the snap shot you want to capture....
    Change the link to point to that page or have your ASP page forward the
    person to that page.

    How do you KNOW the results won't change? I wouldn't do what you want
    to do, however.
    , Feb 4, 2005

  3. mavrick_101

    McKirahan Guest

    "mavrick_101" <> wrote in message
    > The result of my asp page will not change for a week. So instead of

    querying
    > the database every time a user visits this page, an HTML page is sent to

    the
    > browser.
    >
    > How can I accomplish this?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You could have an ASP page that determines if a page exists for the new
    week.

    If it doesn't then generate a new week's page.

    If it does then just Response.Redirect to it.

    Pseudo-code:

    sYEAR = DatePart("yyyy",Date())
    sWEEK = DatePart("ww",Date())
    sFILE = "page" & sYEAR & sWEEK & ".htm"