how to submit a form with click on image

Pawel Banys

Hello,

There is a form which contains the following element:

<FORM name="testForm" method="post" action="http://server/some_script">
......../ some standard entry fields /.......
<input type="image" name="img_submit" src="click.jpg" alt="click on me">
</form>

When that image is clicked on the webpage, the "some_script" is called and
shows some results.

How to post data and submit such form using Perl script so that the click on
image is simulated and "some_script" executes normally just like after real
clicking?

Thank you for any help.

Pawel Banys

Jim Gibson

Pawel Banys said:
Hello,

There is a form which contains the following element:

<FORM name="testForm" method="post" action="http://server/some_script">
......./ some standard entry fields /.......
<input type="image" name="img_submit" src="click.jpg" alt="click on me">
</form>

When that image is clicked on the webpage, the "some_script" is called and
shows some results.

How to post data and submit such form using Perl script so that the click on
image is simulated and "some_script" executes normally just like after real
clicking?

Thank you for any help.

Pawel Banys

Check out the LWP module. Do you know how to download and use modules?
If not, check out the www.cpan.org website.

FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future.