how to submit a form with click on image

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Pawel Banys, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. Pawel Banys

    Pawel Banys Guest

    Hello,

    There is a form which contains the following element:

    <FORM name="testForm" method="post" action="http://server/some_script">
    ......../ some standard entry fields /.......
    <input type="image" name="img_submit" src="click.jpg" alt="click on me">
    </form>

    When that image is clicked on the webpage, the "some_script" is called and
    shows some results.

    How to post data and submit such form using Perl script so that the click on
    image is simulated and "some_script" executes normally just like after real
    clicking?

    Thank you for any help.

    Pawel Banys
    Pawel Banys, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Pawel Banys

    Jim Gibson Guest

    In article <c65no3$o2f$>, Pawel Banys
    <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > There is a form which contains the following element:
    >
    > <FORM name="testForm" method="post" action="http://server/some_script">
    > ......./ some standard entry fields /.......
    > <input type="image" name="img_submit" src="click.jpg" alt="click on me">
    > </form>
    >
    > When that image is clicked on the webpage, the "some_script" is called and
    > shows some results.
    >
    > How to post data and submit such form using Perl script so that the click on
    > image is simulated and "some_script" executes normally just like after real
    > clicking?
    >
    > Thank you for any help.
    >
    > Pawel Banys

    Check out the LWP module. Do you know how to download and use modules?
    If not, check out the www.cpan.org website.

    FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future.
    Jim Gibson, Apr 21, 2004