    <input type="submit" name="submit">
    </form>

    please help. thanks!!

    Matt, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Matt

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On 19 Aug 2004 22:16:09 -0700, Matt <> declared in
    alt.html:

    > I want to know how to submit the form data to a modal dialog window?

    It's not about what you want, it's about what your users want. Do they
    want you forcing new windows on them? Probably not.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Matt

    Dave Patton Guest

    (Matt) wrote in

    > I want to know how to submit the form data to a modal dialog window?
    > The following is page1.asp, and when the user clicks submit button, it
    > will post the form data to page2.asp by opening a new window. But I
    > want modal dialog window, any ideas??
    >
    ><form action="page2.asp" method="post" target="_blank">
    ><input type="text" name="username">
    ><input type="submit" name="submit">
    ></form>
    >
    > please help. thanks!!

    Time to rethink your application design. I control
    my browser, not you. Trying to open a new browser
    window won't work in many situations, and what if
    the person using page1.asp isn't using an operating
    system that supports modal dialogs?

    --
    Dave Patton
    http://www.confluence.org/

    Dave Patton, Aug 20, 2004
  4. Matt

    Neal Guest

    On 19 Aug 2004 22:16:09 -0700, Matt <> wrote:

    > I want to know how to submit the form data to a modal dialog window? The
    > following is page1.asp, and when the user clicks submit button, it will
    > post
    > the form data to page2.asp by opening a new window. But I want modal
    > dialog
    > window, any ideas??

    Opening a new window is rarely justified. In fact, even the one or two
    I've seen actually be worth it, I'd just as easily had it not happen. If
    done really well, it won't screw up usability, but if done well or worse
    it will.

    Neal, Aug 20, 2004
  5. Matt

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Matt wrote:

    > I want to know how to submit the form data to a modal dialog window?

    Stop wanting that.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Aug 20, 2004
  6. Matt

    Pheenomenal

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    What a bunch of snots! Modal Dialogs aren't illegal are they? You don't understand the OPs application, how dare you all just tell him not to do it. Just answer the question or hold your peace! (Hold your piece to, you wankers)

    Pheenomenal, Mar 28, 2007
  7. Matt

    Death_Midnight

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Death_Midnight, Jun 11, 2007
  8. Matt

    greg_funke

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    to submit - add this between the head tags

    <base target=_self>

    greg_funke, Dec 28, 2007
  9. Matt

    greg_funke

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    hey - this is only 3 years old - hope he solved his issue before this

    greg_funke, Dec 28, 2007