how to update dataset dynamically

ilyas

Hi

in my application i am using storeprocedures to retrive the data from
DB then i will store it in Dataset . but i cant display the updated
data using Data Set , plz if anybody knows it plz suggest me how to do
it

Thnx in advance

Gregory A. Beamer

Hi

in my application i am using storeprocedures to retrive the data from
DB then i will store it in Dataset . but i cant display the updated
data using Data Set , plz if anybody knows it plz suggest me how to do
it

Thnx in advance

When you update a DataSet, you either have to keep a stored copy and
rebind or make another trip to the database and pull the latest
information. In other words, cache or pull.

The decision of cache or pull is largely dependent on how complex the
pull is and how heavy your site is hit (scalability). If you decide
cache, your next decision is cache in page (ViewState for example), in
session or in cache (either built in ASP.NET cache or custom). The main
deciding factor is lifetime of data, although scalability may rear its
head.

Peace and Grace,