How to upgrade Ruby

Steve Litt

Hi all,

My Mandrake 10.0 (don't laugh, I've been slow to upgrade) has Ruby 1.8.1. I
need at least 1.8.2 in order to use Rails, according to the book I dissed and
now am fervently reading.

Is there a simple way of upgrading my Ruby without going through dependency
hell and maybe busting half my other stuff?

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com
(e-mail address removed)

Collins, Justin

------_=_NextPart_001_01C60B7A.AB4F1CEC

Do you really have anything that relies on Ruby or its libraries, =
besides Ruby?
I'm running Mandrake (Mandriva...) 10.2, and it came with 1.8.2. I just =
uninstalled the RPMs for 1.8.2, then compiled and installed 1.8.4 from =
source - no problems.

HTH

-Justin

My Mandrake 10.0 (don't laugh, I've been slow to upgrade) has Ruby =
1.8.1. I=20
need at least 1.8.2 in order to use Rails, according to the book I =
dissed and=20
now am fervently reading.

Is there a simple way of upgrading my Ruby without going through =
dependency=20