how to use ez_setup on a machine which does not have access to the internet

vj

I did the following:

1. Downloaded ez_setup.py
2. Downloaded the setuptools-0.6a10-py2.4.egg
3. Downloaded the pysqlite-2.0.6-py2.4-linux-i686(2).egg

Transferred all the files to the computer which is behind a firewall
(with no access to the internet).

I then did the following:

path_to_python ez_setup.py setuptools-0.6a10-py2.4.egg

it failed even though the setuptools-0.6a10-py2.4.egg was in the same
directory. It gives me an error:

urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')

I looked at the documentation and it talked about a -f flag which
allows you to specify the directory to look for the files and that did
not work either.