    Thanks lots in advance

    John
    Toronto

    John, Mar 23, 2005

  2. John

    Bryce Guest

    On 23 Mar 2005 08:14:47 -0800, "John" <> wrote:

    >Hello Dear
    >
    >I'm wondering, is it possible (or how) to use a servlet to receive a
    >message, like a servlet which extends JAXMServlet and implements
    >ReqRespListener can receive SOAPMessage.

    What kind of message? You can generally use a servlet to receive
    anything that can be transmitted vi http.

    --
    now with more cowbell

    Bryce, Mar 23, 2005

  3. John

    John Guest

    just the regular one, like

    javax.jms.Queue,,,

    I've tried let a servlet implements MessageListener, similar as the one
    used to receive SOAPMessage which implements ReqRespListener,
    unfortunately it didn't react when a javax.jms.Message sent.

    u know any example?

    --
    Thanks
    John

    John, Mar 23, 2005
  4. John

    Bryce Guest

    On 23 Mar 2005 12:18:49 -0800, "John" <> wrote:

    >just the regular one, like
    >
    >javax.jms.Queue,,,
    >
    >I've tried let a servlet implements MessageListener, similar as the one
    >used to receive SOAPMessage which implements ReqRespListener,
    >unfortunately it didn't react when a javax.jms.Message sent.

    Well that's different. You are trying to use JMS. Look at OpenJMS
    http://openjms.sourceforge.net/

    --
    now with more cowbell

    Bryce, Mar 23, 2005
  5. John

    John Guest

    Yes, that's JMS message.

    what you recommand "openjms" doen't show using servlet to receive jms
    message. I'm still wondering whether it's possible to do it that way.

    --
    John

    John, Mar 24, 2005
  6. John

    iksrazal Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Yes, that's JMS message.
    >
    > what you recommand "openjms" doen't show using servlet to receive jms
    > message. I'm still wondering whether it's possible to do it that way.

    What you can do, however, is have onMessage() invoke httpClient or a web service.

    HTH,
    iksrazal
    http://www.braziloutsource.com/

    iksrazal, Mar 24, 2005
  7. John

    Bryce Guest

    On 23 Mar 2005 19:49:34 -0800, "John" <> wrote:

    >Yes, that's JMS message.
    >
    >what you recommand "openjms" doen't show using servlet to receive jms
    >message. I'm still wondering whether it's possible to do it that way.

    I don't believe its possible, unless the message is arriving in a text
    format. I know openjms can be embedded inside a servlet, but the
    initial request that the servlet gets must be in a text format.

    --
    now with more cowbell

    Bryce, Mar 24, 2005
  8. John

    John Guest

    Thanks for that idea, but how to let onMessage() invoke, I meant the
    main servlet class (the listener) doesn't even trigger the onMessage.

    --
    John

    John, Mar 24, 2005
  9. John

    iksrazal Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Thanks for that idea, but how to let onMessage() invoke, I meant the
    > main servlet class (the listener) doesn't even trigger the onMessage.

    What I now think you are trying to do - have a servlet be a JMS
    listener - I think can indeed be done using openjms via the http
    connector as explained here:

    http://openjms.sourceforge.net/config/reference.html#HttpConfiguration

    Take a look at serverServlet.

    I typically use servlets to send jms messages - not recieve them - and
    I use the RMI connector. Sounds interesting, good luck!

    iksrazal, Mar 28, 2005