How to use the ssh protocol in c++

yaron

Hi all

Is there any package in C++ for using the ssh protocol ?

I need to create an appliction which can connect to a server using the
ssh protocol and to communicate with him. I do not want to use
secureCRT because I do not want to give the user full control. I just
want to build some series of commands.

Thanks
Yaron

Victor Bazarov

yaron said:
Is there any package in C++ for using the ssh protocol ?

There are no "packages" in C++. You must be confusing it with
Java(tm).
I need to create an appliction which can connect to a server using the
ssh protocol and to communicate with him. I do not want to use
secureCRT because I do not want to give the user full control. I just
want to build some series of commands.

Network programming is OS-specific. You should consider asking
about these in a newsgroup that deals with your OS.

Alternatively, take a look at the "Available C++ Libraries FAQ"
posted in this newsgroup monthly by Nikki Locke. It's a huge
list of all kinds of libraries, maintained on the Web, the link
is in the postings.

Victor

Acid_X

Hi all

Is there any package in C++ for using the ssh protocol ?

I need to create an appliction which can connect to a server using the
ssh protocol and to communicate with him. I do not want to use
secureCRT because I do not want to give the user full control. I just
want to build some series of commands.

Thanks
Yaron

You might want to take a look at OpenSSH :
http://www.openssh.org/

i think it is coed in C, but You will still be able to use it from a C++
app. It is fully compatible with SSH1 and SSH2. It works flawlessly with
the commercial version of SSH (i have used OpenSSH to connect with a
commercial SSH server...).

i,m not sure if it contains libraries intended to be utilized by other
apps, but if it does not, all the code you need to create such libraries
is right there...

OpenSSH is released under a BSD type license (It was started by the
OpenBSD project). It runs on most Un*X type systems, and with Cygwin, it
should also run on Microsoft systems...