How to use TreeView, Node, Children to create a tree

?

=?gb2312?B?xMi/ycK2wrY=?=

Hi, everybody.

Recently, I'm trying to build a swing app on netbeans platform.

However, I'm not good at netbeans platform though I have a 7-year
experience of swing development.

I tried to look for examples about how to create a tree on side bar( :
(, I'm not sure how to describe the component on the left of the
editor, which can be hidden or shown) all over the website, but I
didn't find any, so I come here to look for more help.

What I want is a example of building a tree.

Thanks,

Mark Space

Äȿɶ¶ said:
Hi, everybody.

Recently, I'm trying to build a swing app on netbeans platform.

However, I'm not good at netbeans platform though I have a 7-year
experience of swing development.

I tried to look for examples about how to create a tree on side bar( :
(, I'm not sure how to describe the component on the left of the
editor, which can be hidden or shown) all over the website, but I

Website? Swing? I'm not sure but I think something here is a bit off.
Are you using Java or Javascript?

If the former, I used this to help me with the JTree class:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/tree.html

Mark Space

Thanks for your reply.

But I hope you read over my thread. I want to build trees on Netbeans
Platform.

I did read your message. I've been working with Java for about 6 months
now, I'm using NetBeans, and I just happened to start building a JTree
with NetBeans a couple of days ago. There's nothing to it, it's quite
easy. You'll have to say, exactly, what it is you are having problems
with. I can't imagine anyone with 7 years experience in Swing would
have any difficulty at all.

Maybe you're looking for something like this?

http://www.netbeans.org/kb/articles/matisse.html

Seriously, that's all there is, and I'm learning the Java AudioSystem
api along with this, and a few other things. It's terribly easy.

Bent C Dalager

I did read your message. I've been working with Java for about 6 months
now, I'm using NetBeans, and I just happened to start building a JTree
with NetBeans a couple of days ago. There's nothing to it, it's quite
easy. You'll have to say, exactly, what it is you are having problems
with.

It seems to me he wants to add a tree to the actual NetBeans GUI
somewhere (apparantly a sidebar). If so, then what he's looking for is
probably some sort of NetBeans plugin functionality.

Cheers
Bent D

Mark Space

Bent said:
It seems to me he wants to add a tree to the actual NetBeans GUI
somewhere (apparantly a sidebar). If so, then what he's looking for is
probably some sort of NetBeans plugin functionality.

Ok that explains the disconnect. Technically, I did say I didn't
understand. :)

Guest

Maybe, all of you haven't heard of Netbeans platform. I must tell you
that Netbeans platform is not Netbeans IDE.

Netbeans platform is a Rich Client Application(RCA) framework. It
provides us easier way to build desktop applications.

However, I find it is hard to build a tree, and I cannot find adequate
examples about how to build trees on the web.

Anyway, thank you all the same.

Guest

Maybe, all of you haven't heard of Netbeans platform. I must tell you
that Netbeans platform is not Netbeans IDE.

Netbeans platform is a Rich Client Application(RCA) framework. It
provides us easier way to build desktop applications.

However, I find it is hard to build a tree on the Netbeans platform,
and I cannot find adequate examples about how to build trees.

Anyway, thank you all the same.

ratking

Maybe, all of you haven't heard of Netbeans platform. I must tell you
that Netbeans platform is not Netbeans IDE.

Netbeans platform is a Rich Client Application(RCA) framework. It
provides us easier way to build desktop applications.

However, I find it is hard to build a tree on the Netbeans platform,
and I cannot find adequate examples about how to build trees.

Anyway, thank you all the same.

To create a tree with NetBeans Platform, Your can read and learn
"NetBeans Nodes API Tutorial"
http://platform.netbeans.org/tutorials/nbm-nodesapi2.html

and there are some other "NetBeans Modules and Rich-Client
Applications Learning Trail"
http://www.netbeans.org/kb/trails/platform.html