How to use win32ole to set Exchange proxy settings

Rob Mccallum

Hi,
Using Outlook to access my work Exchange inbox via a HTTPS proxy used to
be very straightforward until my employer changed the principal name I
have to use. Mysteriously, in the background, the principal name gets
reset to the old value. Now pretty much every time I log in, and often
several tims in a login session, I have to reconfigure the principal
name to the new value in order to use VPNless Outlook. Reconfiguring the
HTTPS proxy principal name requires ten mouse clicks to get to the right
text field (Control Panel -> mail, etc), then, once you've changed it,
seven further mouse clicks to save it. It really winds me up that my
employer can't find a solution to this.

I would love to be able to script this. Does anybody know (a) if it is
possible and (b) how to set the Exchange proxy settings via ruby's
win32ole? I've googled and googled but nobody else appears to have done
this.

Kind regards,
Rob

Mike Stephens

If you google for VBA/Macro sources instead, you can see how it's done
in VBA and then use the same methods for Ruby.