How to work as asp freelance programmer?

alpha_lang_ep

I'm having trouble starting and getting into new
projects, because, I dont have a network yet.
I'm trying to get at least one project, then if I make it well but not
charging TOO much, they may recommend my services.
I tried ads on the paper but didnt seem to work, I only
got one response and we still in negotiation but I think I'm losing
I may try to make some 'informative papers' but I think most
people just ignore them these days, so I made a website
and I'm thinking about putting on google ad words, am not sure
its a good idea because its a little expensive and I'm not sure it
will
be enough. Could anyone give any tips on how to get
the ball rolling, I think after getting two or three projects
I could get in contact with a lots of people, and if my make the right
impression I may get more work.

Alexander Popkov

I'm having trouble starting and getting into new
projects, because, I dont have a network yet.
I'm trying to get at least one project, then if I make it well but not
charging TOO much, they may recommend my services.

www.elance.com

Rob Meade

[snip]

From experience...

Try to get the one project initially, regardless of what it is as long as
you can do it! Dont take on anything that might be a bit above your level
of skills - producing something late or not at all will not look good and
will not get you what you want out of the deal.

The lower price initially is something that lots of people often think they
have to do - but to be honest you should consider this wisely...

If you and me offer a similar solution to a client, mines costs £3000, and
yours £1500 several things will go through the buyers head..

a) why is there such a difference in price
b) is the more expensive product just over priced or is it better, more
features, more reliable
c) is the cheaper product not as good

Research is probably the key here, if you're developing a solution that has
been done before by others, take a good look at what they've done, see the
features, benefits - flaws? and obviously price...

If you initially offer a rediculously low price your client may then expect
similar prices in the future for any future developments - worse still they
could recommend you and tell other people what they paid - how will you then
be able to say "well, actually for you the price is twice as much - although
its the same solution" - you cant...

Get one or two small projects, do them well, build trust, a good working
relationship, always try to portray that the individual client you are
talking to is your most important client, make them feel good about
themselves and your services - trust forms - repeated business -
recommendations - *kerching*

I'm sure everyone has got an angle on the key to success in this kinda
area - but I would really recommend starting off with something small,
something that is deliverable and deliverable promptly and produced well.

Hope this is of help,

Regards

Rob

William Morris

Watchwords: "On time, On budget."

Another point: at the successful conclusion of every project, ask for a
referral or two. Word of mouth is the best tool for a freelancer.