How to work with XBRL?

rushi

Hi All,

Any one knows how to work with XBRL. Please give me answer

I mean if I have a Finincial Report in Excel format and i want to use
Online Reporting for that document.... So how can i use XBRL.
Is it require to create my own Taxonomy..... And if yes, then how do I.

How do I create Instance Document from that Excel file.....
How this Instance Document come in Actual Picture.....

What is the best way to learn XBRL and Taxonomy?

I'll be appriciate for ur replies.

Thanks & Regards,
Rushikesh Joshi
IMS

XBRL Guru

There are many resources to come up to speed on XBRL.

You can find information about XBRL from the primary International web
site (www.xbrl.org) as well as jurisdictional web sites. (You do not
state what country you are from.) Public meetings are good places to
learn about XBRL in person. The next XBRL International meeting is in
Boston at the end of April 2005 (http://www.xbrl.org/Boston/) and will
offer a number of tutorial and training sessions.

There are a wide variety of articles available online - you may wish to
Google "introduction XBRL" or "tutorial XBRL". The Bryant University
web site (web.bryant.edu/~xbrl) has links to a wide variety of
educational resources and links to articles.

There are a number of taxonomies already available for tagging
financial statements. You can find the list of taxonomies at various
levels of approval and completion listed on the XBRL web site. If the
financial statement is in one of the GAAPs already developed (various
US GAAP, IFRS, Japan, Germany, etc.), you don't have to - and shouldn't
- create your own taxonomy. You may need to extend or customize the
public taxonomy to meet the organization's specific needs; XBRL has
specific rules on how to do this.

The instance document is the corporate business data tagged with the
elements from the taxonomy. How do you create an instance document from
Excel? There are a number of Excel-based add-ins that help in this
area. You may wish to look at Rivet Software's Dragon Tag
(www.rivetsoftware.com) for one popular solution.

If you wish to create your own taxonomy, you may wish to use specific
tooling for that purpose. You can download tools from a number of
vendors, such as the Fujitsu tools available at
http://software.fujitsu.com/en/interstage-xwand/activity/xbrltools/index.html.

<eccn />