    Thanks & Regards,
    Rushikesh Joshi
    IMS

    rushi, Feb 11, 2005

  2. rushi

    XBRL Guru Guest

    There are many resources to come up to speed on XBRL.

    You can find information about XBRL from the primary International web
    site (www.xbrl.org) as well as jurisdictional web sites. (You do not
    state what country you are from.) Public meetings are good places to
    learn about XBRL in person. The next XBRL International meeting is in
    Boston at the end of April 2005 (http://www.xbrl.org/Boston/) and will
    offer a number of tutorial and training sessions.

    There are a wide variety of articles available online - you may wish to
    Google "introduction XBRL" or "tutorial XBRL". The Bryant University
    web site (web.bryant.edu/~xbrl) has links to a wide variety of
    educational resources and links to articles.

    There are a number of taxonomies already available for tagging
    financial statements. You can find the list of taxonomies at various
    levels of approval and completion listed on the XBRL web site. If the
    financial statement is in one of the GAAPs already developed (various
    US GAAP, IFRS, Japan, Germany, etc.), you don't have to - and shouldn't
    - create your own taxonomy. You may need to extend or customize the
    public taxonomy to meet the organization's specific needs; XBRL has
    specific rules on how to do this.

    The instance document is the corporate business data tagged with the
    elements from the taxonomy. How do you create an instance document from
    Excel? There are a number of Excel-based add-ins that help in this
    area. You may wish to look at Rivet Software's Dragon Tag
    (www.rivetsoftware.com) for one popular solution.

    If you wish to create your own taxonomy, you may wish to use specific
    tooling for that purpose. You can download tools from a number of
    vendors, such as the Fujitsu tools available at
    http://software.fujitsu.com/en/interstage-xwand/activity/xbrltools/index.html.

    <eccn />

    rushi wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Any one knows how to work with XBRL. Please give me answer
    >
    > I mean if I have a Finincial Report in Excel format and i want to use
    > Online Reporting for that document.... So how can i use XBRL.
    > Is it require to create my own Taxonomy..... And if yes, then how do

    I.

    XBRL Guru, Mar 28, 2005