How to write a wxPython video player directly with Gstreamer

SPE - Stani's Python Editor

In the hope it will be useful for others I've posted on my blog
example source code of how to integrate gstreamer directly in
wxpython:

"wxPython ships by default with the wx.MediaCtrl for very basic
playback of music or videos. As I would like to do more advanced video
manipulation, I was curious if I could use Gstreamer directly in
wxPython to create my own pipelines. It was surprisingly easy.

For those who don't know Gstreamer, I quote the website (http://
www.gstreamer.org):

GStreamer is a library that allows the construction of graphs of media-
handling components, ranging from simple playback to complex audio
(mixing) and video (non-linear editing) processing. Applications can
take advantage of advances in codec and filter technology
transparently."

In order not to spam this mailing list, you can read more on
http://pythonide.stani.be
Best regards,
Stani

GloryAngul