    you go to google, a lttle icon appears in the browser in front of the url.
    Can anyone tell me?

    ddd
    ddd, Dec 9, 2005

  2. ddd

    Steve Pugh Guest

    ddd wrote:
    > Does one get a little image in front of the url? What I mean is, that when
    > you go to google, a lttle icon appears in the browser in front of the url.
    > Can anyone tell me?

    It's called a favicon. IE shows them after you a bookmark a site. Other
    browsers can show them all the time or never, depending on how the
    browser has been configured by the user.

    Search Google for 'favicon' to find out more.

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Dec 9, 2005

  3. ddd wrote:

    > Does one get a little image in front of the url? What I mean is,
    > that when you go to google, a lttle icon appears in the browser
    > in front of the url. Can anyone tell me?

    Google keyword favicon.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 9, 2005
  4. ddd

    ddd Guest

    "ddd" <> wrote in message
    > Does one get a little image in front of the url? What I mean is, that when
    > you go to google, a lttle icon appears in the browser in front of the url.
    > Can anyone tell me?
    >
    > ddd

    Thanks Steve and Blinky! Got it.
    ddd, Dec 9, 2005
  5. ddd

    Steve Pugh Guest

    ddd wrote:
    > Does one get a little image in front of the url? What I mean is, that when
    > you go to google, a lttle icon appears in the browser in front of the url.

    Oh, and please use more descriptive subject lines. "How?" doesn't tell
    anyone what your post is about.

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Dec 9, 2005
  6. ddd

    Guest

    , Dec 9, 2005
  7. "ddd" <> wrote in message
    > Does one get a little image in front of the url? What I mean is, that when
    > you go to google, a lttle icon appears in the browser in front of the url.
    > Can anyone tell me?

    Try: www.favicon.com for more info.

    --Tina
    --