    http://tinyurl.com/m8r2yqm

    --
    numerist at aquaporin4 dot com
    Charles Richmond, Feb 16, 2014

  2. Charles Richmond

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 20:22:24 -0600, Charles Richmond wrote:

    > On the following web page in the bottom half, text posted from different
    > people is enclosed in a rounded-corner "cartoon balloon" style. How was
    > that accomplished in HTML??? I looked at the source of the page, but it was
    > *not* clear to me...
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/m8r2yqm

    check the css and look for stuff that begins with -moz.
    as I understand it, older browsers will just show the regular square
    corners.
    richard, Feb 16, 2014

  3. Charles Richmond

    JJ Guest

    On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 20:22:24 -0600, Charles Richmond wrote:
    > On the following web page in the bottom half, text posted from different
    > people is enclosed in a rounded-corner "cartoon balloon" style. How was
    > that accomplished in HTML??? I looked at the source of the page, but it was
    > *not* clear to me...
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/m8r2yqm

    It's using images for the rounded DIV box tip, via CSS.

    Without image, you can use CSS style like this:

    ..roundedBox {
    display: inline-block;
    background: #bbf;
    padding: 10px;
    border-radius: 10px; /* the rounded border tip */
    }

    Some text in the rounded box
    JJ, Feb 16, 2014
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > richard the sto0pid wrote:
    >
    >> Charles Richmond wrote:
    >>> On the following web page in the bottom half, text posted from
    >>> different people is enclosed in a rounded-corner "cartoon balloon"
    >>> style. How was that accomplished in HTML??? I looked at the source of
    >>> the page, but it was *not* clear to me...
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/m8r2yqm

    >> check the css and look for stuff that begins with -moz.

    > Why did you suggest that? Charles did not say what browser he was using,
    > and "moz" stuff is only for Mozilla browsers.

    Additionally, -moz-border-radius isn't need any more because Mozilla
    browsers support border-radius and unlike IE user, Mozilla browser users
    tend to upgrade.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 16, 2014
  5. Charles Richmond

    richard Guest

    richard, Feb 16, 2014
  6. On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 21:37:10 -0500, richard wrote:

    > [some crap]

    How many times do we have to tell you not to do this before you finally
    learn not to post your erroneous and misguided understanding of things as
    if they were accurate facts.

    --
    Denis McMahon,
    Denis McMahon, Feb 17, 2014
  7. Charles Richmond

    Jeff Thies Guest

    On 2/16/2014 8:41 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Denis McMahon wrote:
    >> On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 21:37:10 -0500, richard wrote:
    >>
    >>> [some crap]

    >> How many times do we have to tell you not to do this before you finally
    >> learn not to post your erroneous and misguided understanding of things as
    >> if they were accurate facts.
    >>

    > What is infinity times infinity?

    42.
    Jeff Thies, Feb 17, 2014
  8. Charles Richmond

    Gus Richter Guest

    On 2/16/2014 9:38 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:
    > On 2/16/2014 8:41 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> How many times do we have to tell you not to do this before you finally
    >>> learn not to post your erroneous and misguided understanding of
    >>> things as
    >>> if they were accurate facts.
    >>>

    >> What is infinity times infinity?
    >>

    > 42.

    That's the meaning of life.

    --
    Gus
    Gus Richter, Feb 17, 2014
  9. Charles Richmond

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 01:15:56 +0000 (UTC), Denis McMahon
    <> wrote:

    >How many times do we have to tell you not to do this before you finally
    >learn not to post your erroneous and misguided understanding of things as
    >if they were accurate facts.

    Yeah, good luck with that. Been trying to tell him that in other
    groups for years.
    Evan Platt, Feb 17, 2014
  10. On Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:32:32 PM UTC-5, Gus Richter wrote:
    > On 2/16/2014 9:38 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:

    > >> What is infinity times infinity?

    > > 42.

    > That's the meaning of life.
    > Gus

    No it's not. The question is not known.
    Helpful person, Feb 28, 2014
  11. Charles Richmond

    Gus Richter Guest

    On 2/28/2014 12:58 PM, Helpful person wrote:
    > On Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:32:32 PM UTC-5, Gus Richter wrote:

    >>> 42.

    >> That's the meaning of life.
    >> Gus

    > No it's not. The question is not known.

    The question posed to the supercomputer was, "What is the meaning of life?"
    The answer provided after many years was, " 42 ".

    --
    Gus
    Gus Richter, Feb 28, 2014
  12. On Friday, February 28, 2014 2:33:59 PM UTC-5, Gus Richter wrote:

    > >> That's the meaning of life.
    > >> Gus

    > > No it's not. The question is not known.

    > The question posed to the supercomputer was, "What is the meaning of life?"
    >
    > The answer provided after many years was, " 42 ".
    > Gus

    True (or close), but the question was
    wrong. The next computer would determine
    the question.

    http://www.richardfisher.com
    Helpful person, Feb 28, 2014
  13. Charles Richmond

    Gus Richter Guest

    On 2/28/2014 2:41 PM, Helpful person wrote:

    >>> No it's not. The question is not known.

    >> The question posed to the supercomputer was, "What is the meaning of life?"
    >>
    >> The answer provided after many years was, " 42 ".
    >> Gus

    > True (or close), but the question was
    > wrong. The next computer would determine
    > the question.

    42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question of 'Life, the Universe, and
    Everything'. This answer was first discovered by the computer Deep
    Thought after seven and a half million years of calculation.

    <http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/42>
    <http://rationallyspeaking.blogspot.co.uk/2013_03_01_archive.html>

    --
    Gus
    Gus Richter, Feb 28, 2014
  14. On Friday, February 28, 2014 3:33:44 PM UTC-5, Gus Richter wrote:
    > On 2/28/2014 2:41 PM, Helpful person wrote:

    > >> The question posed to the supercomputer was, "What is the meaning of life?"

    > >> The answer provided after many years was, " 42 ".
    > >> Gus

    > > True (or close), but the question was
    > > wrong. The next computer would determine
    > > the question.

    > 42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question of 'Life, the Universe, and
    > Everything'. This answer was first discovered by the computer Deep
    > Thought after seven and a half million years of calculation.
    >
    > Gus

    You're still forgetting the computer that came afterwards to
    determine what the real question was. That computer was
    earth and was destroyed just seconds before the final
    computation. The mice were furious. Have you read all the
    books? (Although only the first two books were extraordinary)

    http://www.richardfisher.com
    Helpful person, Feb 28, 2014
  15. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in message
    > In alt.html, Charles Richmond wrote:
    >
    >> On the following web page in the bottom half, text posted from different
    >> people is enclosed in a rounded-corner "cartoon balloon" style. How was
    >> that accomplished in HTML??? I looked at the source of the page, but it
    >> was *not* clear to me...
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/m8r2yqm

    > It isn't the HTML, it is the CSS. Open the CSS and search for
    >
    > /* Rounded Bubble */
    >
    > It's how the <div>s are styled.

    I used the CSS and got rounded corners. But I wanted the outer border of my
    tables to be shown, but *not* the border around each data item (<TD>) or row
    (<TR>). How can I surpress the boxes except for the outer box around the
    table???

    Thanks in advance!!!

    --

    numerist at aquaporin4 dot com
    Charles Richmond, Feb 28, 2014
  16. Charles Richmond

    dorayme Guest

    In article <ler1hg$ts9$>,
    "Charles Richmond" <> wrote:

    > I used the CSS and got rounded corners. But I wanted the outer border of my
    > tables to be shown, but *not* the border around each data item (<TD>) or row
    > (<TR>). How can I surpress the boxes except for the outer box around the
    > table???

    Put a border on the table element but border: 0; on the table cell
    elements.

    td {border: 0;}

    or

    td {border: none;}

    Same for th if you want.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 28, 2014
  17. Charles Richmond

    Hot-Text Guest

    How'd These Boxes Get Drawn "Answer by: JJ "

    "JJ" <> wrote in message news:1heqi5om07gab$.koblqr3c1p30$...
    > On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 20:22:24 -0600, Charles Richmond wrote:
    >> On the following web page in the bottom half, text posted from different
    >> people is enclosed in a rounded-corner "cartoon balloon" style. How was
    >> that accomplished in HTML??? I looked at the source of the page, but it was
    >> *not* clear to me...
    >> http://tinyurl.com/m8r2yqm

    > It's using images for the rounded DIV box tip, via CSS.
    > Without image, you can use CSS style like this:

    > .roundedBox {
    > display: inline-block;
    > background: #bbf;
    > padding: 10px;
    > border-radius: 10px; /* the rounded border tip */
    > }

    > Some text in the rounded box

    Good Answer Keep Up the Good Work JJ
    Hot-Text, Feb 28, 2014
  18. Charles Richmond

    Hot-Text Guest

    HERE MORE INFO: Richard

    "richard" <> wrote in message news:16m6njvvo6i9l$.179kzexjfgbmk$...
    > On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 14:42:34 +0700, JJ wrote:

    >> Some text in the rounded box

    > http://1littleworld.net/test/rounded.html

    Have you
    Look at that web
    Page in Opera
    Look Good

    All Work
    Will be
    Tested here!

    But get us wrong
    We do like you
    Richard

    But no roundedBox in:
    IE 8 Why?

    HERE MORE INFO:
    http://1littleworld.net/test/rounded.html - Section 508
    Scan Results:
    View a printable screen-reader-friendly version in a new window
    Scan completed: 2/28/2014 7:19:21 PM
    Group All issues
    Section 508

    Section 508 guidelines for web applications as described at the US Access Board web
    site.1194.22(d)
    Documents shall be organized so they are readable without requiring an associated
    style sheet.d.2
    Failure of Success Criterion 1.4.3, 1.4.6 and 1...

    Users with vision loss or cognitive challenges often require specific foreground (text)
    and background color combinations.

    For instance, many people with low vision find it much easier to see
    a Web page that has white text on a black background,
    so they may have set their user agent to create this contrast.

    If the author specifies that the text must be black,
    then it may override the settings of the user agent and render
    a page that has black text (specified by the author)
    on black background (that was set in the user agent).

    This principle also works in reverse.
    If the Webmaster forces the background to be white,
    then the white background specified by the author would be the same color as the white text
    (which was set in the user agent)
    rendering the page unusable to the user.

    Therefore, if the author specifies a foreground (text) color then
    they should also specify a background color which has sufficient contrast
    (link) with the foreground and vice versa.Element specifies
    background color but not specify foreground (text) color

    http://1littleworld.net/test/rounded.html
    Line 33, column 1, DIV element
    Line 38, column 1, DIV element
    d.1 Organize documents so they may be read without ...

    So help us out Richard
    And <B> to it
    so we can see to TEXT
    Hot-Text, Mar 1, 2014
  19. Charles Richmond

    Gus Richter Guest

    On 2/28/2014 8:16 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Gus Richter wrote:

    >>> You're still forgetting the computer that came afterwards to
    >>> determine what the real question was. That computer was
    >>> earth and was destroyed just seconds before the final
    >>> computation.

    >> The question, as I stated earlier, was posed to Deep Thought and it
    >> finally answered. You deny this based on a second question posed to a
    >> larger computer in order to explain the answer of 42, which it never
    >> answered?
    >>
    >>> The mice were furious. Have you read all the
    >>> books? (Although only the first two books were extraordinary)

    >> Screw the mice and if I read all the books or not. The question was
    >> asked and answered, whether the question was understood or not.
    >> Personally, I think the answer should have been 69.
    >>

    > Is this a literary, mathematical, philosphical, or postional assertion?
    >
    > If positional, well, okay.

    OK then. LOL
    Could be referring to "positional vertigo", 'a spinning sensation caused
    by changes in the position of the head'. LOL

    --
    Gus
    Gus Richter, Mar 1, 2014
  20. Charles Richmond

    Hot-Text Guest

    IE 8 is Just one of them older browsers "Richard"

    "richard" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 20:22:24 -0600, Charles Richmond wrote:
    >
    >> On the following web page in the bottom half, text posted from different
    >> people is enclosed in a rounded-corner "cartoon balloon" style. How was
    >> that accomplished in HTML??? I looked at the source of the page, but it was
    >> *not* clear to me...
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/m8r2yqm

    > check the css and look for stuff that begins with -moz.
    > as I understand it, older browsers will just show the regular square
    > corners.

    So True Richard
    Older browsers will just
    Show the regular square