    I am newby with design compiler and i got confused reading the manuals :(.

    Many thanks
    nkef
    Nikolaos Kefalas, Jun 1, 2006

  2. Re: Howto Create a library from vhdl source with design compiler?

    Nikolaos Kefalas wrote:
    > I have created a vhdl package mylib and i want to compile it into a
    > library with synopsys design compiler, to able to use them as a library
    > in my vhdl designs.

    > library ieee;
    > use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
    > use ieee.numeric_std.all;
    > -- library my_lib;
    > -- use my_lib.my_lib.all;

    use work.my_lib.all;

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, Jun 1, 2006

  3. Mike Treseler <> writes:

    > Nikolaos Kefalas wrote:
    >> I have created a vhdl package mylib and i want to compile it into a
    >> library with synopsys design compiler, to able to use them as a
    >> library in my vhdl designs.

    >> library ieee;
    >> use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
    >> use ieee.numeric_std.all;
    >> -- library my_lib;
    >> -- use my_lib.my_lib.all;

    > use work.my_lib.all;

    Design Compiler understands multiple VHDL libraries - albeit not very
    well. We used A LOT of different libraries (much to Synopsys chagrin)
    at Vitesse.

    As I recall, if you want to compile my_package into my_lib you have to
    pass "-work my_lib" to the compile function in DC (we had lots of
    scripts around the basic DC functions, so my memory is quite hazy
    here).

    Kai
    Kai Harrekilde-Petersen, Jun 1, 2006