howto perfom Image.read

Guido Holz

Hey mates,

I tried to read images (full-sized DSLR-images) more faster, but I can´t
find some information howto perform reading images....

When I try

Image.read("myImageName").first

then it takes a long time (more then 2 sec.)

How can I perform that?!?

On the other hand, I don´t know how to turn the images with
auto_orient... It has no effects :-( I can see the valid Orientation in
the EXIF-Data

I use rmagick 2.2.0 and ImageMagick 6.3.7

thanks for help!

Tim Hunter

Guido said:
Hey mates,

I tried to read images (full-sized DSLR-images) more faster, but I can´t
find some information howto perform reading images....

When I try

Image.read("myImageName").first

then it takes a long time (more then 2 sec.)

How can I perform that?!?

On the other hand, I don´t know how to turn the images with
auto_orient... It has no effects :-( I can see the valid Orientation in
the EXIF-Data

I use rmagick 2.2.0 and ImageMagick 6.3.7

thanks for help!

Open a bug track on the RMagick project at RubyForge and either upload a
copy of the image with the track or include a URL where I can download a
copy.