hpricot install failure on amd64

David Southwell

I have reported the following to (e-mail address removed)

Has anyone experienced anything similar or am I on my own on this one?

All advice appreciated

Thanks

David
_________________________

=46rom: David Southwell <[email protected]>
To: (e-mail address removed)
=20
Nobuyoshi Nakada suggests the following problem is due to a rake bug.=20
Currently I am unable to install hpricot on a win 64 system. See following=
=20
bug report with response from Nobuyoshi Nakada

Original Bug Report:

Looks like latest version of hpricot is not pathing correctly for installat=
ion=20
on win 64 systems which have both a C:\Program
=46iles and C:program Files (86) directory. On the other hand correct path =
seems=20
to be followed to write the
gem_make.out file.
gem install hpricot
Building native extensions. This could take a while
ERROR: Error installing hpricot
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

C:/Program Files (x86)/ruby/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb install hpricot
'C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Gen files will remain installed in C:/Program Files (x86)/ruby/lib/ruby/gem=
s/
1.8/gems/hpricot-0.6.161 for inspection.
Results logged to C:/Program Files (x86)/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/hprico=
t-
0.6.161/ext/fast_xs/gem_make.out

gem_make.out:
C:/Program Files (x86)/ruby/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb install hpricot
'C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

extconf.rb in same directory:
require 'mkmf'
have_header('stdio.h') or exit
dir_config('fast_xs')
create_makefile('fast_xs')
postaddcomment21591 =A0Add A Comment: Notepad
=A0=20
=A0 =A0Please =A0login=20

=A0
Submit =A0
=A0 Followup
Message
=A0 Date: 2008-08-19 07:02
Sender: Nobuyoshi Nakada=20

I wrote "for *1.9*".
Rake isn't bundled with 1.8 and the gem is not my responsibiilty,
so you have to report the issue to the Rake project.
=A0 Date: 2008-08-19 04:49
Sender: vizion communications

I am still getting same error. Have tried gem update rake.=20
This is not fixed for me - I am currently without hpricot.=20
Maybe I have missed something??

=A0 Date: 2008-08-18 16:29
Sender: Nobuyoshi Nakada=20

Seems like an issue of rake.