HTML-code \input{file} (NOT FORM!)

Hans Dietmar Jaeger

Hi, I have to add in dozens of HTML pages a sequenz of HTML code, that I
have to change very often. So I do not want to insert the sequenz in
every HTML page directly!

How can I do this?

(Like in LaTeX the \input{file} command:
The \input command causes the indicated file to be read and processed,
exactly as if its contents had been inserted in the current file at that
point. The file name may be a complete file name with extension or just
a first name, in which case the file file.tex is used.)

Thank you!

jagger

Hans Dietmar Jaeger

David said:

That was a good hint (because I do not have access to PHP, ASP, the
Apache etc. of my service provider):

"Objects

Using the OBJECT tag with a type attribute of text/html will give
similar results to an IFRAME, but will be valid in Strict (X)HTML as
well. Support for OBJECT is very bad in older browsers [NS 4.x, Mozilla
1998/1999, MS 5.0 beta], so this method is best used only in controlled
conditions where the browsing environment can be known with certainty."

Thank you, David!

jagger