    jagger
    --
    www.jaggger.de
    Hans Dietmar Jaeger, Oct 28, 2005

  2. Hans Dietmar Jaeger

    JDS Guest

    On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:02:26 +0200, Hans Dietmar Jaeger wrote:

    > Hi, I have to add in dozens of HTML pages a sequenz of HTML code, that I
    > have to change very often. So I do not want to insert the sequenz in every
    > HTML page directly!

    look into SSI. Or an actual server-side scripting language such as PHP,
    ASP, Perl, etc.

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/ssi.html (Apache-specific example)
    http://www.php.net/
    http://www.w3schools.com/asp/default.asp

    etc.etc.

    --
    JDS | lid
    JDS, Oct 28, 2005

  3. David Dorward, Oct 28, 2005
  4. David Dorward wrote:
    > Hans Dietmar Jaeger wrote:
    >>Hi, I have to add in dozens of HTML pages a
    >>sequenz of HTML code, that I have to change
    >>very often. So I do not want to insert the
    >>sequenz in every HTML page directly!

    >>How can I do this?

    > http://web.archive.org/web/20041012...myfaqs.com/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another

    That was a good hint (because I do not have access to PHP, ASP, the
    Apache etc. of my service provider):

    "Objects

    Using the OBJECT tag with a type attribute of text/html will give
    similar results to an IFRAME, but will be valid in Strict (X)HTML as
    well. Support for OBJECT is very bad in older browsers [NS 4.x, Mozilla
    1998/1999, MS 5.0 beta], so this method is best used only in controlled
    conditions where the browsing environment can be known with certainty."

    Thank you, David!

    jagger
    --
    www.jaggger.de