    sites is CSS or HTML or a site with both in it my best bet.

    Thanks,

    Rob

    Robert, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Robert

    rf Guest

    Robert

    > Hi if I want to have as many browsers including older browsers view my
    > sites is CSS or HTML or a site with both in it my best bet.

    If you want to support really really old browsers, like before version 3
    (netscape and IE that is and any others that were written in the last
    century) then don't use CSS.

    If you want to support browsers before even that, like pre version 1, then
    don't use HTML. Just use plain text.

    If you want to support the real world then use HTML *and* CSS.
    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Robert

    Neal Guest

    rf wrote:

    >> Hi if I want to have as many browsers including older browsers view my
    >> sites is CSS or HTML or a site with both in it my best bet.

    > If you want to support really really old browsers ... then don't use CSS.

    Or, use it in a way that can be hidden from those older browsers so they
    only get unstyled HTML, which should be all they need to use the site.

    Neal, Dec 1, 2004
  4. Robert wrote:

    > Hi if I want to have as many browsers including older browsers view my
    > sites is CSS or HTML or a site with both in it my best bet.

    You can't create a website with just CSS; its a presentation layer which
    doesn't hold any content.

    Use HTML to structure the site, then use CSS to describe the desired look.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Dec 1, 2004
  5. Robert

    Toby Inkster Guest

    rf wrote:

    > If you want to support really really old browsers, like before version 3
    > (netscape and IE that is and any others that were written in the last
    > century) then don't use CSS.
    >
    > If you want to support browsers before even that, like pre version 1, then
    > don't use HTML. Just use plain text.

    Pah. My site works nicely in Netscape 1.1 and it uses XHTML and CSS.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Dec 1, 2004