html/css : table and div problem

Paul J. Le Genial

I would like to do something like the following table but using only <div>
tags and CSS. Is it possible ? Can someone help me with the code ?

TIA

Carolyn Marenger

How does one get identical results between Explorer & FireFox? Or is that
one of things we learn to live with?

There are three options.

1) Live with the differences.
2) Hack your code, so there are different versions for each browser.
3) If you can afford it, buy M$ and mozilla and then tell your new
development teams to play nice and follow the standards. If you choose
this option, many of us will bow down to your reverance.

Carolyn

Paul J. Le Genial

Thank you for your help. I still have a few problems with my page
http://hortus.free.frandt.net/ :

1) Is it possible to make the two columns the same height (not fixed but
according to the content of the longest DIV) ?

2) Specific problems with IE (works good with Firefox) :
a) I do not understand why IE put that horizontal scrollbar in the middle
frame. Should only have a vertical one. everything in the <body> part is not
larger than the black border.
b) Why the top padding space is not the same in all the DIV (col_sp, col_l,
col_r) ? There is extra spacing on top of the <DIV ID="col_sp">
c) There is also extra space below the two columns as compared to above.

TIA