  1. I would like to do something like the following table but using only <div>
    tags and CSS. Is it possible ? Can someone help me with the code ?

    TIA
    Paul J. Le Genial, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Paul J. Le Genial

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Mar 7, 2005

  3. Paul J. Le Genial

    MaggieMagill Guest

    Mark Parnell <> wrote in
    news:ub743uphmdyb$.t1sumlum3oee$:

    > Previously in alt.html, "Paul J. Le Genial"
    > <> said:
    >
    >> I would like to do something like the following table but using only

    > OK.
    >
    >> Is it possible ?

    > Yes.
    >
    >> Can someone help me with the code ?

    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~apple77/columns/1-1-1column.html

    How does one get identical results between Explorer & FireFox? Or is that
    one of things we learn to live with?
    MaggieMagill, Mar 7, 2005
  4. On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:17:22 +0000, MaggieMagill wrote:

    > Mark Parnell <> wrote in
    >
    >> Previously in alt.html, "Paul J. Le Genial"
    >> <> said:
    >>
    >>> I would like to do something like the following table but using only

    >> OK.
    >>
    >>> Is it possible ?

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >>> Can someone help me with the code ?

    >> http://www.xs4all.nl/~apple77/columns/1-1-1column.html
    >>

    > How does one get identical results between Explorer & FireFox? Or is that
    > one of things we learn to live with?

    There are three options.

    1) Live with the differences.
    2) Hack your code, so there are different versions for each browser.
    3) If you can afford it, buy M$ and mozilla and then tell your new
    development teams to play nice and follow the standards. If you choose
    this option, many of us will bow down to your reverance.

    Carolyn
    Carolyn Marenger, Mar 7, 2005
  5. Thank you for your help. I still have a few problems with my page
    http://hortus.free.frandt.net/ :

    1) Is it possible to make the two columns the same height (not fixed but
    according to the content of the longest DIV) ?

    2) Specific problems with IE (works good with Firefox) :
    a) I do not understand why IE put that horizontal scrollbar in the middle
    frame. Should only have a vertical one. everything in the <body> part is not
    larger than the black border.
    b) Why the top padding space is not the same in all the DIV (col_sp, col_l,
    col_r) ? There is extra spacing on top of the <DIV ID="col_sp">
    c) There is also extra space below the two columns as compared to above.

    TIA
    Paul J. Le Genial, Mar 8, 2005