html newbie needing help with simple form

Discussion in 'HTML' started by slinky, May 30, 2007.

  1. slinky

    slinky Guest

    I'm using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express to put together a simple
    email form. Some things are not working and was wondering if someone
    could help my syntax. All I really need is a textbox and a submit
    button. I probably have some capital letters that need changing to
    lowercase for xhtml(?) Thanks!!!

    <%@ Page Language="VB" %>

    <script runat="server">
    </script>

    <head runat="server">
    <title>Send Author An Email</title>
    </head>

    <FORM METHOD="post" ENCTYPE="text/plain"
    ACTION="mailto:">

    <BR>
    <BR>What do you want to write?
    <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="issue">

    <BR>
    <BR><INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Submit">

    </form>

    slinky, May 30, 2007

  2. slinky

    JD Guest

    slinky wrote:
    > I'm using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express to put together a simple
    > email form. Some things are not working and was wondering if someone
    > could help my syntax. All I really need is a textbox and a submit
    > button. I probably have some capital letters that need changing to
    > lowercase for xhtml(?) Thanks!!!
    >
    > <%@ Page Language="VB" %>
    > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://
    > www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    >
    > <script runat="server">
    > </script>
    >
    > <head runat="server">
    > <title>Send Author An Email</title>
    > </head>

    > <FORM METHOD="post" ENCTYPE="text/plain"
    > ACTION="mailto:">

    Yikes. Did Visual Web Developer do that? If so, you should upgrade to
    Notepad.

    The Mailto: Myth
    http://www.isolani.co.uk/articles/mailto.html

    JD, May 30, 2007

  3. slinky

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    slinky <> wrote:

    > I'm using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express to put together a simple
    > email form. Some things are not working and was wondering if someone
    > could help my syntax. All I really need is a textbox and a submit
    > button. I probably have some capital letters that need changing to
    > lowercase for xhtml(?) Thanks!!!

    Read

    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/index.html

    --