    I have no clue how to start that. Can anyone help?

    Thanks!

    , Jan 15, 2007

    Re: HTML/Perl/CGI Question. Howto?

    On Jan 14, 6:24 pm, Sherm Pendley <> wrote:
    > "" <> writes:
    > > I have a simple Perl script that send email to me.

    > > I need to write an HTML form that has a button which will browse the
    > > users hard drive to allow them to send an attachment, along with the
    > > email......

    > > I have no clue how to start that. Can anyone help?You'd write it the same way you would if your script were written in some-

    > thing other than Perl. HTML is off-topic here - try asking your question
    > in an HTML group such as comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html.

    Maybe Sherm is too dumb to realise what the original poster was asking.
    He wants to know where to start on accepting file uploads. CGI.pm
    handles file uploads quite nicely. Look at the CGI.pm documentation for
    File Uploads. If you want to simplify the uploading look into one of
    the many modules that will assist you. Check out CPAN.

    As for the HTML coding (which is offtopic here as genius Sherm pointed
    out) you can easily find more info on the subject by typing in "HTML
    File Upload" in Google.

    Was that too difficult for you Sherm?

    , Jan 15, 2007

  3. <> wrote:

    > I need to write an HTML form

    Then you should ask in a newsgroup about HTML.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Jan 15, 2007