HTML Redirect

Big Freaky

I have a webpage where people click on a link and submit information that
must be submitted before a specific time and date. I'd like to have an html
code that redirects people to the proper page before the submission deadline
and redirects them somewhere else after the deadline.

Can anyone help please?

Steve

Mark Parnell

I'd like to have an html
code that redirects people to the proper page before the submission deadline
and redirects them somewhere else after the deadline.

HTML can't *do* anything. It's just a lowly markup language. The above
will need to be done in your form handler script.

bluecoat2000

Currently I'm using Matt's form mailer. Can you help me with this or
suggest a replacement. Cost is always a factor also.

Thank you in advance.

Mark Parnell

In our last episode said:
Currently I'm using Matt's form mailer.

http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html ?
Can you help me with this

I don't know any Perl, sorry. And I don't know whether you're allowed to
edit it.
or
suggest a replacement.

http://www.scriptarchive.com/nms.html is an open-source replacement for
Matt's formmail, so you're free to change it (and I believe it is more
secure). Of course, you still need to know Perl.

Other than that, there are thousands of free form handler scripts
available. What server-side languages do you know?
Cost is always a factor also.

Of course. :)

BTW: Please quote the relevant parts of the message you are replying to,
and place your response below, as you see others in the group doing.

Jemdam.com

I have a webpage where people click on a link and submit information that
must be submitted before a specific time and date. I'd like to have an
html code that redirects people to the proper page before the submission
deadline and redirects them somewhere else after the deadline.

Can anyone help please?

It will be possible with PHP, it will take a little time to learn it but it
is well worth it.I would get a book from your local store, it did this 2
years back and it was the best move I ever made for my pages. Cheers, David
http://www.jemdam.com

Stan McCann

Kill it. Kill it now. It only took a few months for spammers to start
bouncing all kinds of stuff off my servers. I stopped it, sent out a
system wide message as to why (lots of forms users) and went into
research mode. Here's what I came up with:
http://www.scriptarchive.com/nms.html is an open-source replacement
for Matt's formmail, so you're free to change it (and I believe it
is more secure). Of course, you still need to know Perl.

Not really. If you've got some programming skill in any language, it's
commented well enough for most to change what needs to be changed in
order to run on your site.
Other than that, there are thousands of free form handler scripts
available. What server-side languages do you know?

I've recently discovered PHP and am learning quickly; it uses just
about all the sytax of all major languages. Let's see, I just want to
print "Hello world". Is that print, echo, printf? Don't try to
remember, just type it in the way you remember with your favorite
languange and it'll probably work! It's enough to give us old
"structured programming" guys fits.
Of course. :)

And PHP is free. I'm having fun developing an entire site that will be
developed largely with PHP, as always, learning as I go.

Mark Parnell

In our last episode said:
Not really. If you've got some programming skill in any language, it's
commented well enough for most to change what needs to be changed in
order to run on your site.

Fair enough - I guess it's obvious I've never looked at it myself.
And PHP is free.

PHP would be my choice, also. But I was waiting to see what the OP knew
before making any further recommendations. :)