    and redirects them somewhere else after the deadline.

    Can anyone help please?

    Steve
    Big Freaky, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Big Freaky

    Mark Parnell Guest

    In our last episode, Big Freaky <> pronounced
    to alt.html:

    > I'd like to have an html
    > code that redirects people to the proper page before the submission deadline
    > and redirects them somewhere else after the deadline.

    HTML can't *do* anything. It's just a lowly markup language. The above
    will need to be done in your form handler script.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Big Freaky

    Guest

    Currently I'm using Matt's form mailer. Can you help me with this or
    suggest a replacement. Cost is always a factor also.

    Thank you in advance.
    , Nov 21, 2005
  4. Big Freaky

    Mark Parnell Guest

    In our last episode, <> pronounced to alt.html:

    http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html ?

    > Can you help me with this

    I don't know any Perl, sorry. And I don't know whether you're allowed to
    edit it.

    > or
    > suggest a replacement.

    http://www.scriptarchive.com/nms.html is an open-source replacement for
    Matt's formmail, so you're free to change it (and I believe it is more
    secure). Of course, you still need to know Perl.

    Other than that, there are thousands of free form handler scripts
    available. What server-side languages do you know?

    > Cost is always a factor also.

    Of course. :)

    BTW: Please quote the relevant parts of the message you are replying to,
    and place your response below, as you see others in the group doing.

    Mark Parnell, Nov 21, 2005
  5. wrote:

    > Currently I'm using Matt's form mailer.

    That's the one with all the security problems. Spammers love to find it
    in operation...

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 21, 2005
  6. Big Freaky

    Jemdam.com Guest

    >I have a webpage where people click on a link and submit information that
    > must be submitted before a specific time and date. I'd like to have an
    > html code that redirects people to the proper page before the submission
    > deadline and redirects them somewhere else after the deadline.
    >
    > Can anyone help please?

    It will be possible with PHP, it will take a little time to learn it but it
    is well worth it.I would get a book from your local store, it did this 2
    years back and it was the best move I ever made for my pages. Cheers, David
    http://www.jemdam.com
    Jemdam.com, Nov 21, 2005
  7. Big Freaky

    Stan McCann Guest

    Mark Parnell <> wrote in

    > In our last episode, <> pronounced to
    > alt.html:
    >
    >> Currently I'm using Matt's form mailer.

    Kill it. Kill it now. It only took a few months for spammers to start
    bouncing all kinds of stuff off my servers. I stopped it, sent out a
    system wide message as to why (lots of forms users) and went into
    research mode. Here's what I came up with:

    > http://www.scriptarchive.com/nms.html is an open-source replacement
    > for Matt's formmail, so you're free to change it (and I believe it
    > is more secure). Of course, you still need to know Perl.

    Not really. If you've got some programming skill in any language, it's
    commented well enough for most to change what needs to be changed in
    order to run on your site.

    > Other than that, there are thousands of free form handler scripts
    > available. What server-side languages do you know?

    I've recently discovered PHP and am learning quickly; it uses just
    about all the sytax of all major languages. Let's see, I just want to
    print "Hello world". Is that print, echo, printf? Don't try to
    remember, just type it in the way you remember with your favorite
    languange and it'll probably work! It's enough to give us old
    "structured programming" guys fits.

    >> Cost is always a factor also.

    > Of course. :)

    And PHP is free. I'm having fun developing an entire site that will be
    developed largely with PHP, as always, learning as I go.

    http://alamo.nmsu.edu/ There are 10 kinds of people.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.
    Stan McCann, Nov 22, 2005
  8. Big Freaky

    Mark Parnell Guest

    In our last episode, Stan McCann <> pronounced to
    alt.html:
    > Mark Parnell <> wrote in
    >> http://www.scriptarchive.com/nms.html

    >> Of course, you still need to know Perl.

    > Not really. If you've got some programming skill in any language, it's
    > commented well enough for most to change what needs to be changed in
    > order to run on your site.

    Fair enough - I guess it's obvious I've never looked at it myself.

    > And PHP is free.

    PHP would be my choice, also. But I was waiting to see what the OP knew
    before making any further recommendations. :)

    Mark Parnell, Nov 22, 2005
  9. Big Freaky wrote:
    > I have a webpage where people click on a link and submit information that
    > must be submitted before a specific time and date. I'd like to have an html
    > code that redirects people to the proper page before the submission deadline
    > and redirects them somewhere else after the deadline.
    >
    > Can anyone help please?
    >
    > Steve

    Try this

    http://javascript.internet.com/calendars/auto-expire.html