    by Stephen Le Hunte but that seems to crash under XP.

    What can people suggest, what do you use?

    , Jul 10, 2006

  2. Els Guest

    Els, Jul 10, 2006

  3. Stan McCann Guest

    Els <> wrote in
    news:8su31z02momy$:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for a useable reference guide to HTML tags and maybe
    >> other elements of web design such as style sheets. The reference
    >> would be either standalone or on the web. Until now I have been
    >> using HTMLib by Stephen Le Hunte but that seems to crash under XP.
    >>
    >> What can people suggest, what do you use?

    > I use this one for HTML:
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/elements.html
    > and this one for CSS:
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/propidx.html

    That's what I use as well. Right from the horse's mouth, so to speak
    since the W3C wrote the recommendations.

    --
    Stan McCann, "Uncle Pirate" http://stanmccann.us/
    Implementing negative score for googlegroup postings, see

    Stan McCann, Jul 10, 2006
  4. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > I am looking for a useable reference guide to HTML tags and maybe
    > other elements of web design such as style sheets. The reference would
    > be either standalone or on the web. Until now I have been using HTMLib
    > by Stephen Le Hunte but that seems to crash under XP.
    >
    > What can people suggest, what do you use?

    The HTML and CSS references at HtmlHelp (http://htmlhelp.com/) are
    favorites of mine. They're downloadable to one's local machine, which is
    a big plus from my point of view. One caveat -- they were written in
    1998 which makes them fairly old in Internet time, which means some of
    the comments about then-current browsers and other technology is out of
    date. But the core reference material is as accurate as ever, and I find
    it friendly to use.

    Another complementary reference is the charts one can get from Visibone
    (http://www.visibone.com/). They're ultra-concise print references that
    are reasonably priced and well-made.

    Good luck

    --
    Philip
    http://NikitaTheSpider.com/

    Nikita the Spider, Jul 11, 2006
  5. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    > I am looking for a useable reference guide to HTML tags and maybe
    > other elements of web design such as style sheets. The reference would
    > be either standalone or on the web. Until now I have been using HTMLib
    > by Stephen Le Hunte but that seems to crash under XP.
    >
    > What can people suggest, what do you use?

    In addition to what others have said, http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/ is
    very good as well.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jul 11, 2006

    And what do u think about w3schools, maybe kind of over population of
    ads but i found it very useful.
    http://www.w3schools.com/

    Many useful tips and sample code.

    , Jul 11, 2006
  7. In <>, on 07/10/2006
    at 06:31 AM, said:

    >I am looking for a useable reference guide to HTML tags and maybe
    >other elements of web design such as style sheets.

    If dead trees are acceptable, O'Reilly is your friend.

    reply to

    Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, Jul 25, 2006
  8. Andy Dingley Guest

    Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:

    > If dead trees are acceptable, O'Reilly is your friend.

    Recent O'Reilly - the "Head First" series - look pretty good.

    Anything else (the white and pastel coloured covers with the old animal
    engravings) has been poor for some years now. There's only one O'Reilly
    I'd see as useful for HTML work. There's a couple on CSS too, but
    neither are good beginner's texts.

    Andy Dingley, Jul 25, 2006