html study meaterial

Discussion in 'HTML' started by ppreethi93@gmail.com, Mar 4, 2009.

  2. rf Guest

    rf, Mar 4, 2009

  3. On Mar 4, 2:38 am, "rf" <> wrote:
    => The above links are a perfect example of how to *not* write about
    HTML. The
    > material is full of misconceptions and in some cases blatant errors. Help
    > make the web a better place and remove this rubbish.

    Well hell, your not helping, you re-quoted the links.
    Travis Newbury, Mar 4, 2009
  4. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > On Mar 4, 2:38 am, "rf" <> wrote:
    > => The above links are a perfect example of how to *not* write about
    > HTML. The
    > > material is full of misconceptions and in some cases blatant errors. Help
    > > make the web a better place and remove this rubbish.

    > Well hell, your not helping, you re-quoted the links.

    What links? Please quote what you are referring to.

    <g>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 4, 2009
  5. wrote:

    > http://htmlandphp.spamspot.com/ ...

    Oooh. Sooooo bad! I haven't seen a tute this wrong in years!

    > /basic-html-tags.html

    I love the part in this one where you forgot to close the BLINK element,
    and the next half of the page is .. well .. blinking. <rof,l>

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 4, 2009
  6. John Hosking Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> http://htmlandphp.spamspot.com/ ...

    > Oooh. Sooooo bad! I haven't seen a tute this wrong in years!
    >
    >> /basic-html-tags.html

    > I love the part in this one where you forgot to close the BLINK element,
    > and the next half of the page is .. well .. blinking. <rof,l>

    Hilarious in the extreme.

    I try not to add to the traffic for spammed sites like this one but,
    after your comments I had to stop by the /basic-html-tags.html page.

    Oh. My. God.

    It's like some kind of Bizarro World, opposite-day,
    this-tribesman-always-tells-a-lie page. Something's wrong on *every
    single line* that I've read so far.

    <Quoting...>
    * A tag is a method of formatting HTML documents.

    * With tags you can create italic or bold characters, make things blink,
    and can control the color and size of the lettering.

    [...]

    * Tags look something like this: chosen text .

    </...Quoting>

    Apparently, the whole page is copied from some other resource, which is
    why the tags (the critical item) in that last example line don't show up.

    <Quoting again...>

    * It is essential to always close the tags! If not, the formatting will
    contaminate everything that follows it. But don't panic, closing tags is
    very easy, and even the most experienced surfers sometimes forget.

    </...Quoting>

    ROFLMFAO. Out Loud.

    --
    John
    Some meaterial just can't be beat.
    John Hosking, Mar 5, 2009
  7. John Hosking wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Oooh. Sooooo bad! I haven't seen a tute this wrong in years!

    > Apparently, the whole page is copied from some other resource,

    Some other resource that was also written by a thirteen year old.

    Your "copied from" statement... I picked some text from the
    /what-is-html.html page and googled it: "Hyper is the opposite of
    linear. It used to be that computer programs had to move in a linear
    fashion."

    Results 1 - 10 of about 111

    It seems to be very popular. <boggle/>

    > ROFLMFAO. Out Loud.