html study meaterial

rf

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

Ok. I'll bite.

The above links are a perfect example of how to *not* write about HTML. The
material is full of misconceptions and in some cases blatant errors. Help
make the web a better place and remove this rubbish.

Travis Newbury

=> The above links are a perfect example of how to *not* write about
HTML. The
material is full of misconceptions and in some cases blatant errors. Help
make the web a better place and remove this rubbish.

Well hell, your not helping, you re-quoted the links.

John Hosking

Beauregard said:
Oooh. Sooooo bad! I haven't seen a tute this wrong in years!

I love the part in this one where you forgot to close the BLINK element,
and the next half of the page is .. well .. blinking. <rof,l>

Hilarious in the extreme.

I try not to add to the traffic for spammed sites like this one but,
after your comments I had to stop by the /basic-html-tags.html page.

Oh. My. God.

It's like some kind of Bizarro World, opposite-day,
this-tribesman-always-tells-a-lie page. Something's wrong on *every
single line* that I've read so far.

<Quoting...>
* A tag is a method of formatting HTML documents.

* With tags you can create italic or bold characters, make things blink,
and can control the color and size of the lettering.

[...]

* Tags look something like this: chosen text .

</...Quoting>

Apparently, the whole page is copied from some other resource, which is
why the tags (the critical item) in that last example line don't show up.

<Quoting again...>

* It is essential to always close the tags! If not, the formatting will
contaminate everything that follows it. But don't panic, closing tags is
very easy, and even the most experienced surfers sometimes forget.

</...Quoting>

ROFLMFAO. Out Loud.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

John said:
Apparently, the whole page is copied from some other resource,

Some other resource that was also written by a thirteen year old.

Your "copied from" statement... I picked some text from the
/what-is-html.html page and googled it: "Hyper is the opposite of
linear. It used to be that computer programs had to move in a linear
fashion."

Results 1 - 10 of about 111

It seems to be very popular. said:
ROFLMFAO. Out Loud.