HTML table border - has anyone seen this happen before?

throat.wobbler.mangrove

I don't know if anyone's come across this before.

My HTML table...
....is displaying the following strange behaviour in the bottom-left
corner. Whereas most corners are fine, the bottom-left one has a slight
overhang as shown below...

------
| |
+-----

....where the cross shows where the overhang is, if you imagine the
other three corners as being perfect.

Does anybody know if there's any way of avoiding this? Some things I've
found or speculated so far...

1. Clicking 'refresh' seems to temporarily remove the overhang and make
the corner appear normal, although the next time the page is loaded
it's back again.

2. If the border size is increased to 2 it seems to solve it, however
this size is too thick for what I want, but at least this narrows the
problem down to only tables with a border of '1'.

Thank you for any advice anyone can offer.

throat.wobbler.mangrove

I should maybe just clarify - the 'overhang' does actually look like a
cross, where the lines seem to just extend a bit too far.

i.e.

+---

Els

My HTML table...

[snip]
------
| |
+-----

...where the cross shows where the overhang is, if you imagine the
other three corners as being perfect.

Does anybody know if there's any way of avoiding this? Some things I've
found or speculated so far...
[snip]

Thank you for any advice anyone can offer.

Yes: show us the problem. Live, online, visible :)
Oh, and perhaps also mention in which browser you see it happening.

Els

OK, image as below (can't provide a link unfortunately as it's an
Intranet)...

You're lucky I actually looked at this post within a short time from
posting. I could have looked at it tomorrow, and I would not have
remembered what this was about. Please do leave in the crucial parts
of the message you are replying to.

Now you only proved how it looks. You haven't given anyone the
opportunity to investigate your code.
How about you copy a dummy page to an online server? Make the example
as small as possible (strip out anything that doesn't matter), to make
it easier for others to help you.

throat.wobbler.mangrove

Sorry about that. The following code is the stripped down version that
still displays with the table corner 'overhang':

<HTML>

<HEAD>
<TITLE>Test</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY>
bordercolor="#000000">
</BODY>
</HTML>

Andrew Bailey

<HEAD>
<TITLE>Test</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY>
bordercolor="#000000">
</BODY>
</HTML>

Hi,

Try....

Hope that helps

Andy

Els

Sorry about that. The following code is the stripped down version that
still displays with the table corner 'overhang':

So, I actually *did* copy your code and saved it as an html file, and
uploaded it to my server, and... no overhang, no cross, no problem:
http://here.locusmeus.com/temp/tw.html

Are you saying you do see the problem there?
(you never know, my IE6 may be different - it's a stand-alone version
on WinXP)

throat.wobbler.mangrove

Yes, I see it there too. It must be a browser issue, as Andrew's
suggestion didn't have any effect.

Thanks for your help and time guys, appreciate it.