HTML tables

Peter Haider

Hello Newsgroup,

i have created a table with several columns, which
displays me a product list (item, no, description, unit of measure, etc...)

the width of the columns is very different, item no's have from 2 to 20
numbers,
description has from 20 to 100 characters.

the width from the columns changes with the content, sometimes more and
sometime
less; if i set the width to for example 200 pixel, the explorer generates a
line wrap automatically, so far so good, but in this case i do not want
this.

at least i want to have an output in a form, where the width does not
change,
independent of the content, no line wrap, etc... fixed

is this possible with html / and / or js

for help in this case i thank you in advance

best regards
Peter Haider

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Peter Haider"
[...]

td {white-space: nowrap;}