HTML tables

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Peter Haider, Jun 27, 2004.

  1. Peter Haider

    Peter Haider Guest

    Hello Newsgroup,

    i have created a table with several columns, which
    displays me a product list (item, no, description, unit of measure, etc...)

    the width of the columns is very different, item no's have from 2 to 20
    numbers,
    description has from 20 to 100 characters.

    the width from the columns changes with the content, sometimes more and
    sometime
    less; if i set the width to for example 200 pixel, the explorer generates a
    line wrap automatically, so far so good, but in this case i do not want
    this.

    at least i want to have an output in a form, where the width does not
    change,
    independent of the content, no line wrap, etc... fixed

    is this possible with html / and / or js

    for help in this case i thank you in advance

    best regards
    Peter Haider

    Peter Haider, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Peter Haider

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Peter Haider"
    <phwien_et_jahuh_punkt_de> writing in news:40df40fd$:

    > Hello Newsgroup,
    >
    > i have created a table with several columns, which
    > displays me a product list (item, no, description, unit of measure,
    > etc...)
    >
    > the width of the columns is very different, item no's have from 2 to 20
    > numbers,
    > description has from 20 to 100 characters.
    >
    > the width from the columns changes with the content, sometimes more and
    > sometime
    > less; if i set the width to for example 200 pixel, the explorer
    > generates a line wrap automatically, so far so good, but in this case i
    > do not want this.
    >
    > at least i want to have an output in a form, where the width does not
    > change,
    > independent of the content, no line wrap, etc... fixed
    >
    > is this possible with html / and / or js
    >
    > for help in this case i thank you in advance
    >
    > best regards
    > Peter Haider

    td {white-space: nowrap;}

    --