HTML Tidy

Phlip

Tobias said:
aaah ... there was a MAKEFILE
now it works :))

but no .dll -- only .exe :-(

Are you trying to make me hunt you down with a wiffle ball bat?

Shell to the fucker with system("") or popen("").

Tobias Wendorff

Hi,
Are you trying to make me hunt you down with a wiffle ball bat?

Shell to the fucker with system("") or popen("").

sorry, what does that mean exactly?

Best,
Tobias

Phlip

Tobias said:
sorry, what does that mean exactly?

FILE *f = popen("tidy.exe myFile.html");
fread(buff, 1001, f);

From here, you might divulge what problem you want Tidy to solve.

For example, I use Tidy to automatically test a batch of pages created by
the engine of my wiki:

http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?MiniRubyWiki

So each time I change the source a little, I bang <F5> in my editor, and a
batch of tests run. One of them generates a long list of pages and passes
their HTML thru Tidy. If it complains, I use Undo until it settles down.
This effort constrains my changes, so only the highest quality edits can go
online.

Note, using this system, that any number of edits could fail the tests, even
if the user would never perceive any bug. Such "hyperactive" tests should
run as often as possible, just to be on the safe side.

Now you tell what you need from Tidy.

Tobias Wendorff

Hi,
FILE *f = popen("tidy.exe myFile.html");
fread(buff, 1001, f);

From here, you might divulge what problem you want Tidy to solve.

aaahhh ... I know what you mean :)
I thought, you wanted to tell me a way, how to create the DLL :)

Best,
Tobias

Ioannis Vranos

Phlip said:
FILE *f = popen("tidy.exe myFile.html");
fread(buff, 1001, f);

From here, you might divulge what problem you want Tidy to solve.

For example, I use Tidy to automatically test a batch of pages created by
the engine of my wiki:

http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?MiniRubyWiki

So each time I change the source a little, I bang <F5> in my editor, and a
batch of tests run. One of them generates a long list of pages and passes
their HTML thru Tidy. If it complains, I use Undo until it settles down.
This effort constrains my changes, so only the highest quality edits can go
online.

Note, using this system, that any number of edits could fail the tests, even
if the user would never perceive any bug. Such "hyperactive" tests should
run as often as possible, just to be on the safe side.

Now you tell what you need from Tidy.

Besides this "lint" for HTML, do you happen to be aware of any free C++ (not C only) lint?

Phlip

Tobias said:
aaahhh ... I know what you mean :)
I thought, you wanted to tell me a way, how to create the DLL :)

If you confess what problem you need Tidy to solve, you will get to that
solution much quicker.

Phlip

Ioannis said:
Besides this "lint" for HTML, do you happen to be aware of any free C++
(not C only) lint?

I installed http://cccc.sourceforge.net/ once, but I couldn't bring my self
to click on it. (You can't imagine the quality of the code I was up against
at the time.)

The major problem with the free C++ lints is they pull in other free
environments (parsers, code environments, etc.), so they are an itch to just
install and shoot.

Parasoft might have evaluation copies of their style checkers:

http://www.parasoft.com/jsp/products/release.jsp?articleId=310&type=1998