html to jpg/gif converter

Discussion in 'Java' started by kAldam, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. kAldam

    kAldam Guest

    Hi All,

    I have seen this issue all over but haven't been able to find anything
    that will work specifically to what I need. This is the scenario.

    - This is a java solution
    - The code will be in a servlet.
    - Servlet runs in tomcat.
    - Tomcat runs as a service (HEADLESS environment)

    I can tell you before hand what WOULDN'T work for me:

    - Manual Screeshots
    - HTML2JPG software, it works fine when calling the html2jpg blackbox
    from a command prompt but because it uses some ActiveX components, it
    needs to open a window (doesn't work on a headless environment).

    Ideally:
    - My servlet gets an array of string urls.
    - Code runs and uses urls to creates jpgs or gifs and stores them.

    If you know of some libraries or a solution that you may know, please
    let me know.

    Thanks

    kAldam, Feb 3, 2004

  2. kAldam

    Guest

    See http://www.guangmingsoft.net/htmlsnapshot/help.htm

    HTML Snapshot ActiveX control uses the internet explorer's
    functionality to take (capture) a snapshot of a given URL. It hosts the
    web browser control on windows to download webpage and then capture the
    WHOLE html page it as image. It can be easily integrated into
    applications written in languages that support ActiveX control such as
    Visual C++, Visual Basic, Delphi, C++ Builder and .Net languages.
    *Directly save the webpage at a given URL into image in bmp, jpeg,
    tiff, gif or png format.
    *Directly convert html string to images.
    *Support saving the whole html page to image without scrollbar. *Create
    thumbnail images from large images.
    *Get links, title, cookie or html source of a page
    *Get the html document DOM interface
    *Make gray or black and white images
    *Reduce color number in images while keeping better quality.
    *Examples in VC, Delphi, VB, VB.Net, C#, ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, Perl,
    Python, ColdFusion, VB and Java script as well as Java are provided.
    *Support JPEG compression level and TIFF compression method selection

    , Dec 13, 2004

  3. kAldam

    Ann Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > See http://www.guangmingsoft.net/htmlsnapshot/help.htm
    >
    > HTML Snapshot ActiveX control uses the internet explorer's
    > functionality to take (capture) a snapshot of a given URL. It hosts the
    > web browser control on windows to download webpage and then capture the
    > WHOLE html page it as image. It can be easily integrated into
    > applications written in languages that support ActiveX control such as
    > Visual C++, Visual Basic, Delphi, C++ Builder and .Net languages.
    > *Directly save the webpage at a given URL into image in bmp, jpeg,
    > tiff, gif or png format.
    > *Directly convert html string to images.
    > *Support saving the whole html page to image without scrollbar. *Create
    > thumbnail images from large images.
    > *Get links, title, cookie or html source of a page
    > *Get the html document DOM interface
    > *Make gray or black and white images
    > *Reduce color number in images while keeping better quality.
    > *Examples in VC, Delphi, VB, VB.Net, C#, ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, Perl,
    > Python, ColdFusion, VB and Java script as well as Java are provided.
    > *Support JPEG compression level and TIFF compression method selection

    I don't allow activex on my machine from web pages. Why not load the
    page normally then run a simple screen dump program.

    Ann, Dec 13, 2004
  4. kAldam

    Guest

    HtmlSnapshot is for server and programmer usage.
    If you want a normal application,
    Try Html To Image
    http://www.guangmingsoft.net/htmltoimage/help.htm
    Its features:

    Directly save the webpage at a given URL into image in bmp, jpeg, tiff,
    gif or png format.
    Create thumbnail images from large images.
    Batch conversion is supported.
    Integrate with Internet Explorer's context menu.
    Support converting local HTML, MHT, TXT files to image.
    Support JPEG compression level
    Support capturing site with flash content.
    Run at background, web pages don't need to be displayed for capturing.
    Ming

    , Dec 13, 2004