HtmlEncode and NText

Frank Thomas

I'm writing a utility that will read HTML pages and snippets and store them
in a database. I plan to HtmlEncode the text prior to writing it to the
database. My question has to do with pages and snippets that have non
standard characters (like found in non English languages)... What effect
will HtmlEncode have on such characters? Will they be passed on to the
database "as is"? Will I still need to store the data in the database in an
NText or NVarChar column?... or can I use a Text or VarChar column instead?

Thanks.

Lucas Tam

Will I still need to store the data in the database in an
NText or NVarChar column?... or can I use a Text or VarChar column
instead?

A standard varchar column will do.

I believe how the text is displayed when you do an HTMLdecode depends on
which code page the HTML file is set for.