    library ...
    Thanks for listening , I will be waiting in anticipation
    dipen
    dipen chaudhary, Jun 24, 2007

  2. dipen chaudhary

    Sharath Guest

    On Jun 24, 8:37 am, dipen chaudhary <> wrote:
    > hello all ..
    > I wish to know about HTTP connection library in C .. Is there any
    > library which can establish HTTP connections for my application and
    > read the file returned from the server ? I dont wanna use sockets as
    > it is time consuming ...
    > In java I can do that by java.net.URL class, Is there any such
    > facility in C even if its some external library and not a standard
    > library ...
    > Thanks for listening , I will be waiting in anticipation
    > dipen

    There are no standard libraries in C for that. You will have
    to ask in the newsgroup meant for the compiler/platform you're using.

    -Sharath

    comp.lang.c FAQs: http://c-faq.com
    Orkut C FAQs: http://prokutfaq.byethost15.com/CFAQ
    Sharath, Jun 24, 2007

  3. On Jun 24, 8:37 am, dipen chaudhary <> wrote:
    > hello all ..
    > I wish to know about HTTP connection library in C .. Is there any
    > library which can establish HTTP connections for my application and
    > read the file returned from the server ? I dont wanna use sockets as
    > it is time consuming ...
    > In java I can do that by java.net.URL class, Is there any such
    > facility in C even if its some external library and not a standard
    > library ...
    > Thanks for listening , I will be waiting in anticipation
    > dipen

    I found libwww on google code search .. But I think Its very broad for
    my use .. Any customization possible ? I dont need all mysql support :(
    dipen chaudhary, Jun 24, 2007
  4. dipen chaudhary

    Ian Collins Guest

    dipen chaudhary wrote:
    > hello all ..
    > I wish to know about HTTP connection library in C .. Is there any
    > library which can establish HTTP connections for my application and
    > read the file returned from the server ? I dont wanna use sockets as
    > it is time consuming ...

    While OT here, all you require is a thin layer over sockets to do what
    you want to do. A good learning exercise.

    > In java I can do that by java.net.URL class, Is there any such
    > facility in C even if its some external library and not a standard
    > library ...

    You'd have to ask in a group for you platform.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Jun 24, 2007
  5. dipen chaudhary

    jacob navia Guest

    dipen chaudhary wrote:
    > hello all ..
    > I wish to know about HTTP connection library in C .. Is there any
    > library which can establish HTTP connections for my application and
    > read the file returned from the server ? I dont wanna use sockets as
    > it is time consuming ...
    > In java I can do that by java.net.URL class, Is there any such
    > facility in C even if its some external library and not a standard
    > library ...
    > Thanks for listening , I will be waiting in anticipation
    > dipen

    lcc-win32 proposes a network library with
    GetHttpUrl(char *url,char *destination_file);

    There are other similar functions for ftp.
    jacob navia, Jun 24, 2007
  6. On Jun 24, 9:13 am, Ian Collins <> wrote:
    > dipen chaudhary wrote:
    > > hello all ..
    > > I wish to know about HTTP connection library in C .. Is there any
    > > library which can establish HTTP connections for my application and
    > > read the file returned from the server ? I dont wanna use sockets as
    > > it is time consuming ...

    > While OT here, all you require is a thin layer over sockets to do what
    > you want to do. A good learning exercise.
    >
    > > In java I can do that by java.net.URL class, Is there any such
    > > facility in C even if its some external library and not a standard
    > > library ...

    > You'd have to ask in a group for you platform.
    >
    > --
    > Ian Collins.

    My platform is linux .. Ok I will try there .. thanks for helping
    though
    dipen chaudhary, Jun 24, 2007
  7. On Jun 24, 11:53 am, jacob navia <> wrote:
    > dipen chaudhary wrote:
    > > hello all ..
    > > I wish to know about HTTP connection library in C .. Is there any
    > > library which can establish HTTP connections for my application and
    > > read the file returned from the server ? I dont wanna use sockets as
    > > it is time consuming ...
    > > In java I can do that by java.net.URL class, Is there any such
    > > facility in C even if its some external library and not a standard
    > > library ...
    > > Thanks for listening , I will be waiting in anticipation
    > > dipen

    > lcc-win32 proposes a network library with
    > GetHttpUrl(char *url,char *destination_file);
    >
    > There are other similar functions for ftp.

    hi jacob ..
    I think thats wot I want .. Do they have anything for linux ?
    lcc-win32 looks like a windows library .. anyways I will find out ...
    thanks ..
    dipen chaudhary, Jun 24, 2007
  8. dipen chaudhary wrote:

    > hello all ..
    > I wish to know about HTTP connection library in C .. Is there any
    > library which can establish HTTP connections for my application and
    > read the file returned from the server ? I dont wanna use sockets as
    > it is time consuming ...
    > In java I can do that by java.net.URL class, Is there any such
    > facility in C even if its some external library and not a standard
    > library ...
    > Thanks for listening , I will be waiting in anticipation
    > dipen

    What you need is libcurl - look it up in Google
    Bartholomew Simpson, Jun 24, 2007
  9. On Jun 24, 6:14 pm, Bartholomew Simpson <>
    wrote:
    > dipen chaudhary wrote:
    > > hello all ..
    > > I wish to know about HTTP connection library in C .. Is there any
    > > library which can establish HTTP connections for my application and
    > > read the file returned from the server ? I dont wanna use sockets as
    > > it is time consuming ...
    > > In java I can do that by java.net.URL class, Is there any such
    > > facility in C even if its some external library and not a standard
    > > library ...
    > > Thanks for listening , I will be waiting in anticipation
    > > dipen

    > What you need is libcurl - look it up in Google

    thanks ..
    I think thats wot I want ..
    dipen chaudhary, Jun 24, 2007
  10. On Jun 24, 6:14 pm, Bartholomew Simpson <>
    wrote:
    > dipen chaudhary wrote:
    > > hello all ..
    > > I wish to know about HTTP connection library in C .. Is there any
    > > library which can establish HTTP connections for my application and
    > > read the file returned from the server ? I dont wanna use sockets as
    > > it is time consuming ...
    > > In java I can do that by java.net.URL class, Is there any such
    > > facility in C even if its some external library and not a standard
    > > library ...
    > > Thanks for listening , I will be waiting in anticipation
    > > dipen

    > What you need is libcurl - look it up in Google

    http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/competitors.html

    this is a pool of simillar libraries .. thanks a lot
    dipen chaudhary, Jun 24, 2007
  11. dipen chaudhary wrote:
    > hello all ..
    > I wish to know about HTTP connection library in C .. Is there any
    > library which can establish HTTP connections for my application and
    > read the file returned from the server ? I dont wanna use sockets as
    > it is time consuming ...
    > In java I can do that by java.net.URL class, Is there any such
    > facility in C even if its some external library and not a standard
    > library ...
    > Thanks for listening , I will be waiting in anticipation
    > dipen

    Does libcurl do what you want?
    --
    clvrmnky <mailto:>

    Direct replies will be blacklisted. Replace "spamtrap" with my name to
    contact me directly.
    Clever Monkey, Jun 25, 2007