HTTP Status 407: Proxy Authentication Required

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Sau, Apr 9, 2009.

  1. Sau

    Sau Guest

    Hi, I have got a web appl in ASP.NET 2.0 which in turn calls a web service
    (wrtten in .NET 2.0) residing in the same machine. While calling the web
    service i get the below error in the web appl. I have deployed this appl in a
    server.

    The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy Authentication Required ( The
    ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web
    Proxy service is denied. ).
    at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
    methodName, Object[] parameters)

    Some points to note are:
    - The web application and the web service run under a common application pool
    - The application pool is running under a common domain level service account
    - Both the web appl and the web service are set as separate virtual
    directories under two separate websites
    - Both these web sites use separate DNS Host entries and are running on
    Port 80
    - Both the sites using Windows Integrated Auth.Anonymous Auth is turned off.

    The same code base is working absolutely fine on a separate server with
    similar configurations made.

    Any pointers on what should be crosschecked in the configurations. Am pretty
    sure this should not be a code issue.

    Thanks

    Sau, Apr 9, 2009

  2. Sau

    Gh.Fakhry Guest

    create a network credential

    I had the same problem, you only need to code in your network credentials

    http://bytes.com/topic/net/answers/426351-proxy-authenticated-required

    Sa wrote:

    HTTP Status 407: Proxy Authentication Required
    09-Apr-09

[...]

    On Thursday, April 09, 2009 1:08 PM
    Sa wrote:

[...]

    On Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:03 AM
    Chris Simon wrote:

    HTTP Status 407: Proxy Authentication Required - Sa
    You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

    Silverlight 3 Bing API: A Related Links Widget
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...8feb-57559fdf27f2/silverlight-3-bing-api.aspx

    Gh.Fakhry, Dec 10, 2009

  3. Sau

    pjb Guest

    RE: create a network credential

    Thank you for your input, but I am affraid you are missing the point. The WPF
    application should work for all users in various proxy environments, so
    coding user credentials in the application doesn't solve the problem, I
    suppose. What I am looking for is a way to use the user credentials with the
    WCF access, so the user proxy won't complain.

    Maybe a Microsoft engineer can contact me to try and solve this problem? My
    post was:

    Proxy authentication problem WPF browser app calling WCF service

    I have a WPF browser app (partial trust) that calls a WCF service that runs
    on the web server. All works fine when the client is not behind a proxy
    server. If it is, I get the message: "(407) Proxy Authentication Required".
    If I try to alter the <defaultProxy> settings I get the message "Insufficient
    permissions for setting the configuration section 'defaultProxy'". What
    should I do? I just want to use the same credentials for normal web access
    and WCF access.
    --
    Paul

    pjb, Dec 15, 2009